Best outdoor watch under £1000?

Must be robust and analogue.

Mechanical or quartz.

Any material - steel, stainless or otherwise - titanium - ceramic or 'plastic' and can be brush-finish, sand-blast finish or PVD.

Choice of bracelets - rubber, steel or fabric.

Does not need a multiplicity of minor dials, but a 24-hour hand could be useful.

Or a second time-zone hand.

Over to you.

tac

G Shock.

Anyone who drops a grand on a fugly tacky Tag Hauer is a mong.

Spend the remaining £900 on stuff you actually need.
"fugly" ?? wtf ?

r
"fugly" ?? wtf ?
We all like a nice watch, I for instance if I had the time and money and the supermodel girlfriend waxing my pole on a daily basis would happily purchase an original Apollo mission era Omega Speedmaster which is functional and stylish.

Tag Hauers aren't - they just confuse hefty price tags with actually being nice watches.

rWe all like a nice watch, I for instance if I had the time and money and the supermodel girlfriend waxing my pole on a daily basis would happily purchase an original Apollo mission era Omega Speedmaster which is functional and stylish.

Tag Hauers aren't - they just confuse hefty price tags with actually being nice watches.
Quite agree.

G shock again, a waste of money getting something flashy if its going to be used outdoors. My g shock is still going strong.

Must be robust and analogue.

Mechanical or quartz.

Any material - steel, stainless or otherwise - titanium - ceramic or 'plastic' and can be brush-finish, sand-blast finish or PVD.

Choice of bracelets - rubber, steel or fabric.

Does not need a multiplicity of minor dials, but a 24-hour hand could be useful.

Or a second time-zone hand.

Over to you.

tac
£1k for a watch?

**** that!

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Is this that Money Supermarket thing they advertise on the telly?

A watch is very personal, what I like doesn't necessary mean that you would like it. In all honesty try watches on, look at the functions, display, buttons.

Some watches are a bastard to use the functions, some just seem so natural to use. The look and feel is also very important and no one can decide that for you.

As already mentioned G Shock are a good starting point. Also look at Suunto, Nite, pro trek.