Best Online Sites for TV and Films

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Miner, May 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having now sorted a new laptop that I link to new TV, I'm looking (for research purposes only), for any websites that I can use to catch up on TV, see new shows from the states (things like Game of Thrones), and possibly films.

Please remember I'm an IT biff, and any comments that include the phrase "Torrent" will leave me looking baffled. I really have no idea what I'm doing in regards to this.

Obviously anything illegal I won't look at, but it's nice to know what sites to avoid. ^_~^_~
  2. If you're avoiding illegal websites, definitely don't go to
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

BBC iplayer
    4OD & 5OD
    All free
  4. Apparently it's now dead, deceased, no more, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil.
  5. They sound dodgy to me. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. to assist in avoiding all things illegal - especially
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

you will have to go torrents, its not so hard to do and torlock is probably a good start as they report fakes and have them removed like demonoid used to untill it became a search engine.

simplest way is download utorrent then create two folders - one called torrents for work in progress and the other complete torrents for finished jobs.

IT biffery aside you only need a few minutes of brainache to get going and its less mess than searching for live streaming sites which work outside of the US.

or you could subscribe to netflix.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Having decided to check out the site you mention (purely in the interests of research you understand) I was somewhat vexed to find that my ISP (Virgin Media) have blocked access. :frustrated:
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

lots have been blocked by isps so you have to find their proxy sites instead. pirate bay has several.

still work and work well.
  10. So what is/was dodgy about the BBC....................agh ok point taken.
  11. Netflix..... Piss easy, cheap and almost limitless for quality TV shows.
  12. I can recommend Isohunt, it's the only one I use.
  13. Great spread of torrents. You'll find things on it that you won't elsewhere.
    Very little in the way of fake filtering or removal of dead torrents though, which is where Pirate Bay scores heavily.