Best None Food Item You Ever Bought From Lidl

Some of their offers are of limited use if they require non-standard consumables.

For example, their electric toothbrush appears on offer now and again and spasmodically. The replacement brush heads only appear at the same time. It's hit and miss if you're around when they are available.
Strange.
I bought a battery tooth brush wich came with batteries and 4 heads for £4.99.
The heads fit my oral B tooth brush as well.

Strange.
I bought a battery tooth brush wich came with batteries and 4 heads for £4.99.
The heads fit my oral B tooth brush as well.
Maybe they've changed the design or model. Mine certainly weren't interchangeable. I also recently fell foul of the change in design of their Cien Shark razor. The new design replacement blades no longer fitted the older handle. I needed to buy a new razor.

Trigger's razor?

I have bought motorcycle under wear from Lidl. a tenth of the cost of BMW stuff and much liked by my touring friends.
The Crivet £39.99 flip front helmet. 5 years old and I am looking for a new one when they come in. Also popular with my friends.
A £40.00 cordless drill which is fine for odd jobs on the bike etc.
I obviously don't count the Abrachon and Ben Bracken single Malt whisky's as they are essential foodstuffs.

Many Super-U supermarkets here in France are franchises and owners are free to set their own prices. Due to a monopoly in the area our local one was notorious as the most expensive. At the beginning of March an Aldi opened 200 metres away and the Super-U closed for a day so that staff could alter all the shelf price tags.

Bifinett espresso machine - once I'd replaced the pressurised basket with a non pressurised one and brought a decent tamper.

I never cease to be amazed how some people are very sniffy about Lidl and Aldi; if you’re prepared to ignore the flotsam and jetsam of eastern Europe who populate the store, the rest of it is fine. The food, drink, the bits and pieces are always great value and always pretty good quality. And much cheaper than any other outlet.

Bluetooth NC headphones, and wired mini headphone cans for the phone and daysack; £40 and £20. Ideal for us working with machines outside, decent sound and still going after a year.

Not sure if it was Lidl or Aldi, but I bought a chinese made wind-up torch in there about five years ago for half the price of the diy shop. Still working fine.

Not sure if it was Lidl or Aldi, but I bought a chinese made wind-up torch in there about five years ago for half the price of the diy shop. Still working fine.
I bought a wind up radio for a dollar, but that was Kandahar

“Crane” branded running and cycling stuff from my local Aldi aways sold out very quickly and when the special buys are tools the carpark is always stuffed with tradesmen’s Transits. So there’s obviously a degree of confidence in the products in that quarter.
Probably my best buy was an LED torch. Runs for ages on a couple of AA batteries, solid aluminium, o-ring sealed, and operated by twisting the head- so easy to use it one handed whilst running. I can’t remember exactly but I think I bought it in 2010 for under a tenner.
0F4B38ED-9FD9-4DAA-9DB5-DFF18E2B8C89.jpeg

Last edited:
The great thing about Aldi or Lidl tools, apart from them being reasonable quality, for a very reasonable price, is they are worthless to the thieving shite to sell on at car- boot sales, who target tradesmen's vans.

Hybrid cycling shoes. £14.99.
Lasted about 5 years of really hard use.
Yes you can hate me. I am a lycra lizard.

12 foot concertina folding aluminium ladder. Gift from my Dad, pbuh. Cost about £40.00, value is priceless. Robust when assembled, compact when folded. Light enough for an easy carry. Sentimental value beyond the concept of money.....
The like was for your comment about your dad. As for bring a fceking cyclist, you're dead to me

:D

115 mm × 1 mm thin metal cutting disks for angle grinder, I bought the entire bin after I tested a pack against a Bosch disk, no practical difference , worked out at 14 p each , the best price I was paying at the time was a pound each.
Parkside tools are pretty good. I was told they are obsolete Bosch designs made by a Korean parts contractor. I see tradesmen buying them in my local branch. Might as well have a Lidl drill nicked from your site or van rather than a Bosch or Makita costing 3 times as much.

Maybe they've changed the design or model. Mine certainly weren't interchangeable. I also recently fell foul of the change in design of their Cien Shark razor. The new design replacement blades no longer fitted the older handle. I needed to buy a new razor.

Trigger's razor?
+1 on that. Still the Gibelini Shark system is pretty good and the blades are only about a 3rd of the price of Gilette Mach3 equivalents

Unbranded biker underclothing, the £4 stuff feels identical to my £22 helly hansen gear. Biker tank bag £20, had it three years and sold it with the bike.

12/240v car/camping fridge. £32.00about a decade ago. Survived the rigours of summers mincing round the south of France in 35+ degrees, as any Englishman knows it's uncivilised not to have cold milk on your rice krispies! If you were gonna have that UHT filth at room temperature you might as well be French.

I'm regretting my failure to buy a 'workmate'-type bench which I saw in Lidl a while ago; trying to get a good one now is ridiculously difficult, mostly because Amazon's 'Prime' usually includes a small notice to the effect that it won't ship to Northern Ireland, and any eBay offering comes from the USA. All of the usual outlets add many tens of pounds to their shipping costs to this vile part of the world. ****ing ******ds, all of them.