'Best' Newspaper?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Badger-dude101, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (At the risk of starting a flamewar/political bitchfest)

What newspaper do you read? What paper has the least amount of bullshit/bias in regard to the forces?

2. The Independent and the Torygraph personally.

I read the Sun and the Daily Mail as they are the opinion formers and rabble rousing rags of the great unwashed. Vital to know what the public groundswell is.

3. "News" and "bias" are irrelevant.The raison d'etre of newspapers is to sell newspapers.

4. Racing Post.

5. But how they slant their news is defined by their target readership. Weekend Financial Times is good on most things. Long term perspective combined with research and reasonable writing

6. Why pay a rag for the news when up to date news and info is widely available on t'internet?

7. I no longer read newspapers, I just wait for the duty troll to start an outrage thread on ARRSE.

8. Yes, never buy newspapers anymore, quite happy to get on with looking at them all over the internet.

I read them in this order daily:

Torygraph
    Grauniad
    Independent (Of Common Sense)
    The Scum
    Daily Wail

I watch the Beeb News Channel at various times depending on my shift pattern and, on rare occasion, I look at Sky News.

While I loathe to pick out better, best and worst of the lot, I wouldn't go around forming my opinions based on the last two, but then again I would find a working day unbearable without having an ogle at some delicious looking tarts spread all over a 'Newscast' either.

9. Usually before it's in the papers and without the artists impression of how things could have looked

10. I don't buy any,but I don't mind having a look at page three

11. Teletext News.

12. I also do not buy papers anymore as 95% is freely available as already stated, However when at work & get the chance it'll be The Times & Torygraph

13. The Darlington and Stockton Times or The Northern Times. Never a bad word to say about squaddies - unless they've been REAAALLY naughty, and even then they say how good they were in a previous life.

14. Torygraph for 'normal' i.e. at home, work or in a hotel.
    Daily Hate online as it appears to be the only one that doesn't hold back content.
    Evnin' Stannad' when in London or flying in or out of Heathrow.

Not a paper, but Old Holborn's blog as he is an opinionated git but makes a good point.

15. The Telegraph .............. mainly for the cryptic xword