• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Best Movie Shoot Outs?

Some of the films are crap and have implausible plots but the ' action sequences' rock and are worth the DVD rental just to fast forward to the point where guns are drawn..

Here's my top ten in no particular order:

Heat - Al Pacino and Robert de Niro.. the bank heist sequence
Terminator - Arnold taking on the L.A. Police in their own stationhouse
The Matrix - Neo/ Trinity go to rescue whatshisname Fishburne in the building
Scarface - Pacino again
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - finale in Bolivia
The Wild Bunch - the Peckinpaw bloodfest where all the ' heroes' die
Way of the Gun - Ryan Phillipe and Benicio Del Toro - who'd a thunk?
El-Mariachi/Desperado - Rodrigues before he got all ' artsy '
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Hard Boiled - Woo rates a Woo Hoo for this Chow Yun Fat ' epic '

and, I'm over my ' 10 ' limit but I've got to include Hot Fuzz. when the cops take on the ' Town Council/BIA ' its as good as any ' serious' flick anyday..

others worth wasting time on?

Went to see "Wanted" a few days ago - cracking film. Shoot-outs galore and very enjoyable in a "that's all a load of old curving bullet b0llocks" kind of way.

Spooky old thing, but Andy McNab advised on the Heat shootout.

The coppers were asked what they would do in that instance, and the reply was 'we'd be fcuked'.

Edited for mong hands :oops:

No particular order

Muriachi - Opening Bar and the Guitar case brothers :)
Mr and Mrs Smith , the People carrier scene and the end
Smokin' Aces - "Bring it" awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVYP66vsyGQ . Some teenage ******* "re-interpretation" of a scene that didn't need interfering with. Watch the original.
Navy Seals - First extraction (tuned silencers) and the 'Beirut' F+M. The HALO is a thing of beauty too
The replacement killers -Chow yon fat
Kung Fu Hustle - Good bits all over the shop , not just guns
An Ungentlemanly Act - "It's fookin' jammed man" and the Kitchen shootout. Proper SLR thumping.
Stalingrad - The Tractor Factory battle
Blackhawk Down - Most of it

Most ridiculous shoot out ever? The Sons of Katie Elder, the Saloon gunfight. 6 shooters that appear to be mag fed.

heidtheba said:
Spooky old thing, but Andy McNab advised on the Heat shootout.

The coppers were asked what they would do in that instance, and the reply was 'we'd be fcuked'.

Edited for mong hands :oops:
I gather that the LAPD & FBI now use the footage & McNabs commentry as training aids.

How very dare you all not mention the genius that was Hot Fuzz! Swans, scale-replica-village-chin-impaling, shopping trolleys through butcher's counters, firing two guns whilst jumping through the air - this film has it all.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Heat is awesome - and the shootout at the drive in as well as the bank heist.

King Of New York - the opening drug deal / ripoff in the hotel room, and later the police raid on the gang hideout.

Shoot Em Up - completely over the top and invariably funny as hell right the way through. and Monica Belluci looking mighty fine as well.

Latest Threads