• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Best most sensible American opinion on Iraq.Ever.

There has been much talk on this subject on the BBC TV news.
I like the comment
'If there is an Iraq civil war the America can pull out as we have no right to be some one else's civl war.'
john
For 12 months I have been saying King George has to have the Guard out of Iraq before the November elections.
He failed and now all the excuses and recrimminations are cumming out.
Victory has many Father Defeat is a Barstward.

jonwilly said:
I like the comment
'If there is an Iraq civil war the America can pull out as we have no right to be some one else's civl war.'
john
Question 1.
How many Iraqis have to die in a single day/week/month for it to be 'officially' declared a 'civil war'?

Question 2.
Plucking one example out of a hatful, if Vietnam was not a civil war, then what the fcuk was it?

jonwilly said:
For 12 months I have been saying King George has to have the Guard out of Iraq before the November elections.
He failed and now all the excuses and recrimminations are cumming out.
Victory has many Father Defeat is a Barstward.
I thought Clinton had the copyright on "cumming out" whilst in office. :)

Jonwilly only quoting what was said by Beeb.
I also am of opinion that Iraq is in state of civil war and yes Merkator you have brought up the not polite subject of Nam.
I have and have know many US aquantances who fought there and they where all moved painfully by the expireance.
Now I beleive we are about to see another shoot and scoot. Once again all those who where 'Loyal' to the US regime will be 'reducated' and my personal knowlage of Arabs plus the current trend witnessed every day of throat slitting, as you would with any animal, will happen.
john
Bit like when our lads pulled out of Aden.

Latest Threads