Best mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by giftedamateur, Aug 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to get a new one, on orange. Who rates which ones, and why?

2. E75 is a really nice phone, as is the N97 :)

3. ta.

and bump

4. Why orange? Blackberry curve is an awesome phone, I would get that. If you shop around between networks though you can probably get a better one for more minutes and texts with free internet

5. Anything but the Sony Ericson w850i. They're dogwank.

6. Avoid the C905 too.

Had mine since January, except i haven't, because they've replaced it twice.

First the speakers stopped working and screen went fuzzy, sent back, they fixed it.

Week later i opened the thing and the gizmo that tells whether the phone is open or shut broke, so phone was permanently 'shut'.

Sent back and replaced.

Fast forward a few months and the buttons stop working, screen stops at main menu and speakers refuse to play sound. Sent back and replaced again.

Wish me luck with this one...

7. I'm on my Fourth!!! Great phone when it works!

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

E-L, not only is that an Aussie site (different specs etc) but the awards are from 06/06/2008, which is light years in terms of mobile technology!

I got this one about two months ago:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/Samsung-i8910-HD

and apart from a short battery life(lasts one day depending on use), I am more than happy with it.
    Effectively it is Samsung/Orange's answer to the iPhone, with an 8-megapixel HD camera to boot.

It really depends on what you want a phone for, as to which you pick.

9. One which makes calls and text messages and has no camera, no radio, no bluetooth, no wireless, no vpn, no mp3 or mp4 player and lets you play tetris

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

thats the why I'm inclining after two years with an N95...

11. Couldn't agree more. Have spent too much time replacing 'all signing, all dancing' phones that can't even perform basic functions.

Try the Samsung Solid Edge. It's rugidised so you can beat it up and it's water proof (up to one meter).

Had a stupid Blackberry before, f*cking thing!

12. Why not try the "Land Rover Phone?"

13. It's been a while but SCRAT always served me pretty well. That was the Mk 1 LandRover phone.