Best Microwave

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The kitchens being ripped out and replaced in the town house (hurrah). I’ve got everything I want in it. But I compromised on the cooker. As there’s never been an electric one in the kitchen it seems silly to start putting in a new ringmain thingy.
So we’re sticking with a new mains gas one.

Then I thought, maybe there’s an all singing all dancing microwave combo job out there that’ll save me having to mess around with gas and terrifying the dog.

Any ideas
Thank you.

Dunno about microwaves - bought mine in 1996 and it still looks pristine and does the job of irradiating stuff nicely. However, I'm in the market for a new 'fridge. 55cm wide by 175cm high category. Fridge in top half, preferably 70/30 proportion (or 60/40). Any hints, for sensible money? The Beko ones they've got in Currys look just the ticket but I'm unfamiliar with the brand, the durability/longevity/reliability of their products and think they might be a "cheap brand" like Bush or Grundig (i.e. crap).

Just be careful of anything above it with the heat generated from the grill or oven.

I've wrecked a nice shiny white door on the unit above my toaster by not pulling it out enough when using it.

Dunno about microwaves - bought mine in 1996 and it still looks pristine and does the job of irradiating stuff nicely. However, I'm in the market for a new 'fridge. 55cm wide by 175cm high category. Fridge in top half, preferably 70/30 proportion (or 60/40). Any hints, for sensible money? The Beko ones they've got in Currys look just the ticket but I'm unfamiliar with the brand, the durability/longevity/reliability of their products and think they might be a "cheap brand" like Bush or Grundig (i.e. crap).
Beko is cheap and cheerful, but does the job....... try on here.

Buy Large kitchen appliances at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Home and garden.

Or if you live near one of the Clearance Bargain stores, you could probably get even cheaper, but it's a bit of a jumble sale, you never know what's there.

Noooo ! we purchased a Beko fridge would not chill down below 6c the internal shelf supports were to far apart for the galss shelves and requires matchsticks to cenralise the shelves . Returned to Ao for refund.

Any hints, for sensible money? The Beko ones they've got in Currys look just the ticket but I'm unfamiliar with the brand, the durability/longevity/reliability of their products and think they might be a "cheap brand" like Bush or Grundig (i.e. crap).
NOT BEKO
Cheapest of cheap crap.
Go for Miele, AEG, Bosch, Zanussi or SMEG
Bosch are probably best price / quality compromise but Zanussi are pretty good too.

Hotpoint, Indesit, Ariston, Creda are all the same brand with different badges. you get what you pay for.

Who Really Makes Your Washing Machine ? | Hubys Domestic Appliance Repairs

The kitchens being ripped out and replaced in the town house (hurrah). I’ve got everything I want in it. But I compromised on the cooker. As there’s never been an electric one in the kitchen it seems silly to start putting in a new ringmain thingy.
So we’re sticking with a new mains gas one.

Then I thought, maybe there’s an all singing all dancing microwave combo job out there that’ll save me having to mess around with gas and terrifying the dog.

Any ideas
Thank you.
Electric cookers need a 40amp dedicated supply, one 16mm cable from consumer unit to cooker control unit, easy enough for a competent sparks to install.

Get @Joshua Slocum to install the supply and there's a decent chance he'll discover a previously unknown prototype version of Spitfire hidden behind the skirting boards :)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m no expert (hence this post) but I wouldn’t buy beko. The dame used to go through white goods at an alarming rate. I tended to stick with Bosch and Belling (belling cookers over 30: years old).

Replaced with Bosch so far so good. Although the new dishwashers a Grundig. ( I ordered a Bosch). Spotty youth in Curry’s convinced her that the Grundigs a better machine. Spotty youth had better be right.

Look at AO. You can filter using width.

Last one I brought was a Liebherr from John Lewis, rather better than the cheap crap it replaced

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Put an oven with an induction hob on top in a house and used it for a year till I got shot of the house. Didn't like it, prefer gas.
She’s the cook. Loves gas, treats the belling like an antique curiosity, despite the fact it’s been doing Christmas dinners for the last 20years.