Best/Luckiest Find Youve Ever Made

Reading this story about two Aussie boys who found $100,000 while out fishing - Story Here - it made me think about the best thing you've ever found.

Mine has to be the 15 or so 'Gentleman's' magazines I discovered halfway through an underground play tunnel in the local park when I was a nipper. Kept me in w@nk material for a good three months before I got bored of it.

So, any finds that in your opinion, were the best things you could ever find?

A well known pizza business (DDD) delivered 2 cold ones to my address. 1 hour later got a call from business - 'Can you check outside your door as delivery boy has lost his purse'. On opening front door, large purse containing €300 - a full night's takings. Best compo I've ever received.

this lot

Attachments

Best find ever was on a mobile vcp on the monagh bypass - 12 cans of guenious and a bottle of bells all wrapped up in a bin liner with £80 of £1 notes. not a bad night rounded of by drives finding det caps in a well known scrotes ice cream van....

Found £180 in a pub in Tunbridge Wells, total bonus as I was totally skint.

This was a 'good' find ... arrse twitchy, but good!

... but I also found a quid the other day ... which was nice!

1986 in bootle liverpool..
had left the army and was totaly skint..
suppose we all were when we left..
was given a old wardrobe fronm a charity place to start filing gaps in house..
no mirror in bathroomm..
take mirror from wardrobe..
FIND 4 GOLD SOVERIEGNS 1 HALF SOVERIEGN AND A SPADE GUINEE..

errr mother..
arrr these real??

WASNT SKINT THE NEXT DAY..

Luckiest find i ever had was when i found my car key, which had dropped off the back of a Jet Ski, into large patch of seaweed in 3 ft of murky english water!! The car key was black on a black fob!! Area was in the middle of no-where 50 miles from home. found the key after 2 hours, just as i was deciding to do the passenger window and get to wallet & phone to get Taxi back to house for spare key which would have cost about £60 in a taxi and the price of a window!! that was lucky!!

20DM on the street in Herford in 83.

Various wank mags in bins around the back of the pads quaters.

Found a Mills bomb about two inches under a track around the back of 30 sigs when it was in Blandford. Called out the EOD for that and its in the Museum now.

Various coins with the metal detector, but the most interesting was unusal. Rented a Vicarage a few years back and was for ever finding coins under the lawn as they used to hold the village fete there. Had a very odd signal one day so dug down, ended up digging down 18 inches and found a ceramic litograph with a pewter rim. Obviously the pewter was giving the signal. The Photo on the lithograph was remarkably well preserved and it turned out to be of the young lady who married the vicar in the late 1890's. They had a son who was killed on the Somme and his father had a lytch gate built at the church as a memorial to his son and the other 6 lads from the village that died in the great war.

vvaannmmaann said:
re-stilly said:
I lost 180 quid in T Wells a while ago.Can I have it back please?
Yep, just give me time, date and pub name plus the name of the landlord's niece's pet rabbit and I will get it back to you :D

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
God. I found him in 1969. He was lost and pissed. Didn't look much, scruffy and shabby, with a RCT capbadge. He was throwing up in a gutter and I asked his name, which was when he told me. 'Oh, God!'

re-stilly said:
vvaannmmaann said:
re-stilly said:
I lost 180 quid in T Wells a while ago.Can I have it back please?
Yep, just give me time, date and pub name plus the name of the landlord's niece's pet rabbit and I will get it back to you :D
SorryI was just so pished at the time,I can't quite remember.The notes do have HRH's head on them.But it really is mine,honest!