Best looking Mess Dress

Had a quick search but couldn't turn anything up similar to this.

Which regiment, in your opinions, has the best looking mess dress?

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Best: The Gurkhas
Worst: The Rifles. The open collar makes them look like flamenco dancer.

Surely the RAF have the gayest of the gay clobber.
Have to agree. It has all the style of a sparrow that's just flown into a shut window, combined with the colour of horse piss.

AAC has some blue stuff...

Rifles is elegant, understated and egalitarian ( = no rank for Officers )

Best - QRL or Light Infantry

Worst - Int Corps or another vote for the Rifles', nice jacket but not with a bow-tie and white shirt.

11 Hussars,as was,obviously.

The late lamented Queen's Regiment's was immaculate; smart, understated, white piping made all the difference as did the lovely cuffs. On the other hand the PWRR thing is a disgrace - clearly designed by a committee of wannabees with no class or apparent breeding. Ghastly. Won't wear it.

RLC with AT flash, you could argue its not the best, but it's worn by the best.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
The Royal Navy.

Mind you, the best is whichever mess jacket is being worn by the young lovely in your bedroom, accessorised by little more that stockings, sussies and high heels.

Only Bouilabaise has a sensible answer. Surely this is a totally gay question. Are you going to choose what unit you join on the basis of their mess dress? Because you aren't going to wear the uniform of a unit you don't belong to, are you, walt? Or are you getting a stiffy looking at men in uniform?

Only Bouilabaise has a sensible answer. Surely this is a totally gay question. Are you going to choose what unit you join on the basis of their mess dress? Because you aren't going to wear the uniform of a unit you don't belong to, are you, walt? Or are you getting a stiffy looking at men in uniform?
I don't think we are looking to join based on mess kit, heavens no, now headress that would swing it!
Anyway your a Civ piv, we all served.

I have to say some of the Highland mess kits look like they should be plugged in so that the bits can flash and rotate..

And just while we are on the subject.. all mess kits for women should be abolished.. let them have a nice bit of jewelery showing capbadge & rank. I cannot believe a girl likes being done up as an Edwardian cross dresser..

I remember an ADWRAC commenting to me that the root problem with the WRAC could be seen at a Guilford dinner night, when you walked into the mess with forty women all wearing the same dress...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 The NAAFI Bar 20
samstown1 The NAAFI Bar 40
Abdiel The NAAFI Bar 12