Best London Pubs

I've just come back from a jolly jaunt across the capital, and think there's room for an arrse compendium of decent boozers.

To start:

Seven Stars, Carey St, WC1: medieval, tiny, decent ales, exceptional scoff.

Cheshire Cheese, Fleet St: 17thc, touristy, sam smith's, fantastic Victorian chop house. Haunted.

Marquess of Cornwallis, Bethnal Green Rd: free cockles and mussels on weekends, topless lady boxing. Fantastic sign in Bengali in lavs dissuading locals from sh1tting on the seat.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rumpelstiltskin said:
I've just come back from a jolly jaunt across the capital, and think there's room for an arrse compendium of decent boozers.

To start:

Seven Stars, Carey St, WC1: medieval, tiny, decent ales, exceptional scoff.

Cheshire Cheese, Fleet St: 17thc, touristy, sam smith's, fantastic Victorian chop house. Haunted.

Marquess of Cornwallis, Bethnal Green Rd: free cockles and mussels on weekends, topless lady boxing. Fantastic sign in Bengali in lavs dissuading locals from sh1tting on the seat.
Why was this one not chosen as the venue for the last London Crawl ??

Roadhouse in covent garden. No idea why, i'm always wasted by the time we get there, but every london beer call i've been on in recent years has ended there!

Hole in the Wall at Waterloo, especialy on the way home after an international at Twickenham! Always seemed to be a crackin` atmosphere.

Rumpelstiltskin said:

Sorry mate, 'decent boozers' and Sam Smiths do not go together. In fact any sentence with the words Sam Smiths is an anachronism.

Sancho_Panza said:
Many years ago the Bag 'O' Nails at Victoria used to be pretty good.
Nothing special now though :(

Harp in Covent Garden; Ye Old Mitre in Ely Place and the Nags Head in Kinnerton Street are up there with the best.

johnboyzzz said:
Prince Albert, Albert Bridge Road used to be good, as was the Chelsea Potter
Not keen on the Chelsea Potter - round the corner in Flood Street is the Coopers Arms - much nicer. Also the Duke of Wellington in Eaton Terrace is good.

Buttmaster General said:
johnboyzzz said:
Prince Albert, Albert Bridge Road used to be good, as was the Chelsea Potter
Not keen on the Chelsea Potter - round the corner in Flood Street is the Coopers Arms - much nicer. Also the Duke of Wellington in Eaton Terrace is good.
The Coopers Arms is lovely but a little more expensive than other pubs for wine

I like the Old Dr Johnson's Head (somewhere near The Guildhall)

The Sherlock Holmes isn't bad either... Good Scoff upstairs and they have their own branded ale... 8)

I like "The Red Lion" a top boozer.

Also "The George" and "The Queen Vic" all good for a drink.

CQMS said:
I've got three nights in the UJC early January, where can I get mashed local to it?
As mentioned earlier, bud Hole in the Wall, close to Waterloo station.

The Ship on Wardour Street is a winner for me. Really friendly atmosphere, wide selection of drinks, great music, and serves fishfinger sandwiches. Can't go wrong!