Best Live Music Concert Youve Been To?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Norfolknchance, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw many live bands in my yoof. Floyd in The Electric Gardens in Glasgow around 1969. Deep Purple, Ten Years After, Led Zeppelin, Tyrannosaurus Rex (prior to T Rex and a tree getting in the way!), Heads Hands and Feet, Free mostly in Dundee.

And in Berlin in 1986; Level 42, Gary Moore, Marillion and Queen on the same bill, exellent.

3 concerts stick in my mind though; Jethro Tull for a set which lasted well over 2 hours (the warm-up number was the 50 minute Thick As A Brick complete), and Slade, a really good live band. And Crowded House in Pompey around 12 years ago. Recently saw the Oz Pink Floyd, a great tribute band with a good set.

What was your best show?
  2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Muse, in Dusseldorf last year.

Just brilliant. Awesome talent, a great sense on how to put on a show and a banging atmosphere.
  3. iron maiden..donnington 1988 - best ever maiden show

metallica..dublin 2006 - brilliant show, excellent weather and atmosphere was fantastic

pink..belfast 2006 - what can i's pink
  4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Skids, Sheffield Polytechnic, 1981........must rate as one of the better gigs.

Level 42, Wembley Arena, about 1986 must rate as one of the dullest.

Ken Collier Jazz Band, 1982, some rugby club in London. Also most excellent.
  5. Pink Floyd - Earls' Court 1995.

Marillion - MKB 1986.

Iron Maiden - Bristol 1987.

Jethro Tull - Whenever I see them.
  6. Oh yeh, I forgot to mention a little club in Crawley in 1971. Saw Uriah Heep there. Must have been about 40 of us sitting on the floor of a hall and Heep were up on a 2 feet high "stage" at the end of the room. Mick Box on lead guitar did a brilliant 30 min solo of "Salisbury".

The pills nurse, the pills!
  7. Almost the same bands as in your first para, but different places

Hawkwind were awesome at the Mecca in Bristol back in the past In search of space was quite mindblowing
    The Who at Bath at the rollerskating rink I seem to remember were pretty incredible.
    The Slade at the Alexandra rooms Salisbury were quite staggering as a live band I left with bleeding ears I seem to recall
  8. Beautiful South - Dusseldorf 1996

Prince - Dortmund 1990

Erasure - Dusseldorf 1991

Bruce Dickenson - Somewhere in Germany 1991

Loads of Dance Type acts at the Glas Palas, Germany (Under Cover, Rosala, T99 etc), 1991/1992

Take That - Earls Court 1995

Prince by far the best.
  9. Foo Fighters, a few times.......always excellent live!
  10. Richard Thompson - Everywhere, every time!
    U2, Dublin 1982 (Simple Minds, Eurythmics and Big Country in Support)
    Bruce Springsteen, Slane, 1985
    Moving Hearts, Dublin, 1987
  11. That's hard but these are some of the top ones:

Ramones @ Brixton Academy Feb 1996
    AC/DC @ MK Bowl June 2001
    Weezer @ Highbury Garage Aug 1996
    Slayer @ Astoria Jul 2003
    Alkaline Trio @ Camden Monarch Barfly Jul 2003
  12. the loudest wishbone ash the best zep and floyd the worst e17 complete crap (i did security for the gig)
  13. Muse at Wembley this year. Outfuckingstanding!
  14. Bobby Womack - Hammersmith Odeon 1984
    Maze - Hammersmith Odeon 1985
    George Benson - Wembly Arena 1985
    Atlantic Starr - Hammersmith Odeon 1987
  15. For me there were 2 that stick out as the best :

Motorhead - Bomber Tour
    Eric Clapton - Albert Hall (fantastic acoustics from the place)

And these guys :

Last Gasp

Saw them last month in a small pub in Staines
    The guitarist is a friend of my brother.....not too shabby for a fat bloke (Guitarist that is, not my bro!)