Best Job in the Armed Forces.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by stabandswat, Jul 24, 2006.

?
  1. Army

52.9%
  2. Royal Navy

11.8%
  3. Royal Air Force

17.6%
  4. Gurkhas

17.6%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, bone post (probably). I've been watching the threads and people all seem to think their job/regiment is the mutts nuts. Personally I want to join the RLC as a Pet Op, whilst other friends want to join RAC or Infrantry. It got me thinking about what is THE best job across all 3 services? Is there one job that is the one everyone envies? I don't intend for this post to be 'opening season' for baiting/slagging of other regiments etc but no doubt we will see some :) I've added the Gurkhas as well as they have operated with us for God knows how long and I believe the job of a QGO has to be somewhere near the Top Ten best jobs in the Armed Sevices.

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RAF Aircrew!Lets face it,they swan about all day in a growbag,pretending they're Tom Cruise in Top Gun (Yes,I know it's a bit gay,but so are the Navy!lol) flying off on det to some sunny holiday resort like Nevada for Red Flag & get paid oodles for the privalage! Or be a RAF Armourer (like I was) because as when someone said that the RAF did'nt need Armourers,I pointed out that without us,It'd be the biggest,most expensive flying club in the world!

3. How do the Ghurka's qualify as needing their own option?

4. Because they aren't actually part of the British Army.

5. Indeed.

6. Exactly what Army are they a part of then? How is the Brigade of Gurkhas not part of the British Army?

7. The Gurkhas have never ever been part of the British Army. The are a complete independent Army from us actually belonging to the Nepalese. They were involved in battle against us many years ago and eventually they fought alongside us.

Edited to add:

My information for this comes from a video I watched the other day about the history of the Gurkha. They serve under our rules and terms of service but are in fact Nepalese soldiers.

8. J_D

J_D LE

The golden spoon goes to you! Very intelligent lad there :wink:

9. But could I have joined the Nepalese Army? If not, the poll option seems a bit redundant.

10. Then why all the fuss about paying their pensions? Shouldn't this be between them and their Army?

11. Why is it I feel a little silly?

12. How can gurkhas win the VC then if they are not part of the British Army???