• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

best iron for phase1 ?

says it all in the title ! if anyone currently serving or has served , could you give me advice as to the best iron to buy ? as i want one of course powerful enough to keep the staff off my back because im crease-free !!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Don't bother with an iron. These days all you have to do is hand your dirty laundry to the nice chap with two stripes on his chest. You'll get it back in 24 hours all freshly laundered and pressed.

right, okay , thank you . i thought something a bit more specific than that might be nice . as a 9.99 one from argos just wont cut it . so thought somebody may be able to tell me a good one ? that works well with current issue kit ?

Don't bother with an iron. These days all you have to do is hand your dirty laundry to the nice chap with two stripes on his chest. You'll get it back in 24 hours all freshly laundered and pressed.
i wish mate , even if it is useless (as some people have told me you wont even need it ) iv been told ill be beasted if i turn up to basic without it!

You can use you Good Hair Day hair tongs if you get really stuck.

The ones you use to tease the kinks out of your frizzy ginger barnet in an attempt to look human.

A 5 iron. You'll be playing golf mostly in phase 1.

That's enough crap jokes. Get a Bosch one, mirror polished stainless steel soleplate is a must, and never ceramic or aluminium, they are utter shite. 2.4kw power, 100gm steam burst etc; and get the best you can afford. I have had a Bosch now for 13 years and it's still as good as the day I bought it.

I favour the Corby Trouser Press.

If you get one every one else in the room needs to get one as well though so they can all be shown for inspection at the end of each bed, if you aren't all the same in your locker, bed and trouser press lay out you will get bollocked for it.

Iron? I never took an iron, all you do is borrow the room iron making sure you use the room starch, when that runs out you use another rooms starch, along with the room print stick for jumpers( sorry, I forgot you don't get jumpers now, the thermal quality of CS 95 is able to keep out the wind chill). Don't worry, keep all your own money for fags and fag breaks and loaning out to those who buy the starch, make sure you use current day repayment terms of 235% for the Thursday pay parade payback.... Don't accept Hobnobs, unless they are chocolate.

Mr. Dhobi or Dhobi-wallah usually does the trick when you shout for him. He's a highly likeable chap and is jolly good in the showers to scrub/exfoliate those difficult little bits.

Just go tescos or similar get good 40-50 quid steam iron on sale down like 30 quids make sure its got good steam on it i mean really good steam on it mate

It's not actually the Iron that is the secret, any cheapy will do as long as you have starch, water spray and a thin piece of worn soap.

The real secret is the Ironing board, Newtons Law states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction you see.

Don't pay good money for a cheap shit ironing board from the One Stop shop on camp, then bend, they are not rigid enough to take the pressing on required to get your kit done. Get a big hefty thing like a Hawian longboard and sell it on to a platoon behind you before you leave.

Latest Threads