Best iPhone App

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Goodfella, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that the majority of us here are Royal Signals and we should be posting interesting and technical questions on here but don't you think it's about time we had a break from all that?

Here's a question that i'm hoping may start a nice thread going.

In your opinion, what's the best iPhone app at the minute? What decent iPhone friendly sites have you come across? Are there any good Network Management applications out there?

For me, Tap Tap Revenge 3 is a fantastic fun free app that i'm currently addicted to. It's similar to Guitar Hero, but on the phone. You can download loads of free music as well as pay for your own to download.

As for a good iPhone friendly website, I would recommend (for UK based personnel) http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/#. It streams 'almost' live TV to your iPhone. The site lists all Freeview channels. You must be in either a 3G area or Wireless Internet.

I look forward to your responses.

2. The best app for me would be one that, when two or more people owning iphones get together, it prevents them from getting them out and friggin comparing what each others phones do....

3. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Unfortunately, that sort of comparing comes as standard with owning a jesus phone. It's like standing at a urinal and making a sneaky comparison with the guy in the next stall. Or something.

Bloody iPhones. If they weren't so brilliant I'd hate them.

4. imo its runkeeper pro .
    it uses the iphones gps to track your location, distance, elevation and time its got a playlist option to play music from your music library while you train. then uploads the route onto the runkeeper website where you can view your run on google map. its mega

5. Will that work abroad when skiing?

6. the Sky Sports score centre. Life saver. :eek:

7. Sky+ is handy. I can get my sky+ box to record whatever, when I'm away from the house.

8. im sure it would :)

9. Bleep test.... I do it nightly now i have this wonderful app

10. Lightsaber has to be the best app, by far.

11. For me, the National Rail app is brilliant. Well worth the £4.99.

Sky Sports is ace for when you are at a game and want to know if your enemies are doing as badly as your team are.

12. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

That's insane. Why would you do that to yourself? The bleep test was invented by sadists to punish suspected witches int he middle ages. it has no place in modern society.

Although I might just have to buy it myself now that I have seen it on the app store...

13. Shazzam. Quite simply superb.