Best idea for an army invention

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheCheerfulSubbie, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was sitting at work today dreaming about the same thing I always do (plan to take over the world...) when a genius idea hit me.

Powdered beer.

Much like screech in ratpacks, soldiers could be issued a powdered beer and at then end of a hard day, they could pour it into a water bottle and volia! A pint.

Different compo menus could have different flavours - Menu A, lager powder, Menu B, bitter powder, Menu C, cider powder, etc etc.

I think it would sell - if the MoD didn't buy it, soldiers would.

Which lead me to think, what else could we invent to make the Army better?

2. A brain for subbies?

3. Subbie - drunk squaddies are generally not a good idea in the field. Best you don't tell this one to the Adj.
    I'd say we needed a 'c0ckometer' to identify kn0bbers, but mine seems to be working rather well - something about the previous post set it off.

4. Powdered beer, whatever next dehydrated water to save you carrying all that heavy stuff around!! Sounds great just wait until you need a drink and get yr dehydrated water and just add..............well water I suppose.

B***** back to the drawing board

5. Radios that work

6. Patent leather best boots

camnet spray (silly string style)

a mega death ray

blue smarties

crap I'm losing my mind

wibble

7. 1.Enough soldiers to meet Tones commitments.
    2.Weapons that work as soon as they are issued
    3.Comms systems on time.
    4. Decent Anti-Tank missile.
    5. NV for all
    6. Decent pay for all
    7. Sensible Rules of Engagement ( Point that gun near me and you're dead ferinstance)
    8.Helicopters in the right quantity, of the right sort, on the battlefields, NOW!

That'll do to be going on with.

9. Self-building Egg Banjos

10. Now that is worth the entire Defence Budget

11. Microwave bed - 8hrs kip in 20 minutes so the PBI can really earn their day's pay!

12. Self Wnaking trousers.

To be worn on stag.

13. Clones, for stag purposes, or for taking the missus shopping while leaving you free...

14. why waste a good brain :? :? :? :?