• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Best hangover cure.....

A kebab at 3.20 am does the trick, that an Irn Bru which is supposed is a Jock hangover cure but has been proposed as the only reason why Scotland is still running day to day life.

I always go for loads of brews in the morning and potato based products, hash browns, waffles etc. But the best way is to have a tactical spew half way through the night.

edited due to bad spelling

Chuzu said:
But the best way is to have a tactical spew half way through the night.
Definately. Almost procedure when I've had too much drink, especially cider or beer. One time I had too much of these crazy sickly cocktails jugs at some exotic bar thing, went round the corner, chucked up a load, then went back to the drinking. I don't remember anymore of that night actually...

I have to admint to a bit of a mid-evening barf, especially if drinking... And then re-apearing with "snake bite" red vom on my shoes!

T C

Old_Jock said:
Counterstrike, you got it right. Barr's Irn Bru and plenty of it. You'll either perk up or throw up, either is acceptable. :p
Much as it pains me to admit that the Jocks have two amazing drinks, Irn Bru is the mutt's nadgers when it comes to killing a hangover.

Personal favourite is 2 cans Irn Bru to wash down 9 mcnuggets and a large portion of fries. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Chuzu said:
I always go for loads of brews in the morning and potato based products, hash browns, waffles etc. But the best way is to have a tactical spew half way through the night.

edited due to bad spelling
Yup best way to go but get a can of Irn-bru out the fridge open it and let it sit for 5mins til the gas leaves instant cure but they reckon a pint of milk or a fish supper before you go out does a good job of lining the gut......Im a jammy sh1te though I dont get hangovers :D

Soup.
Soup is a miracle cure-all. Seriously: clear soups such as gazpacho and consomme are meant to be excellent. Me, personally, I have a microwave Marks and Spencer soup pot (99p) if I'm at work.
If I'm at home, I just sleep. For ages.

Obligatory - drink lots of water. Eat your way through.

We've all heard of the phantom poo well how about the Phantom hangover. I recently had a blinding session on the beer only to wake up next day without the hint of a hangover whereas normally I'd be feeling it....bad.

I know that I got off lightly and I'm waiting for the payback hangover that is likely to cripple me for half a week.

Anybody else experiened this welcomed but worrying side effect of the Devils brew?

Once, and it turned out to be quite lucky as I was gd cmdr that day. tried it next weekend and spent most of sunday being sick.

Lately my hangovers don't appear until about 3pm when, I having breathed a sigh of relief, it smacks me round the back of my head, nicks my wallet and shags my girlfriend.

I really do hate hangovers.

Drinking San Miguel on draft in Spain, getting upside down every night, fresh as a daisy next day.
Doesn`t seem to work with Carling though