• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Best Hangover cure

Can of cold Irn Bru from the fridge to start with, then 2 warm rowies washed down with strong black coffee with dash of milk. Failing that just start drinking again.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Can of cold Irn Bru from the fridge to start with, then 2 warm rowies washed down with strong black coffee with dash of milk. Failing that just start drinking again.
Except for the coffee you've just nicked my post

An ex girlfriend of mine was an orthopedic doctor at a busy A&E. She and all her mates swore by oxygen.
I remember a queue behind an ambulance and oxygen getting dished out also Entinox(?)

It got locked away after they went to a shout and discovered the empty bottles oops

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
An ex girlfriend of mine was an orthopedic doctor at a busy A&E. She and all her mates swore by oxygen.
I've been tempted to try that a few times, the only problem is any time I've been bad enough to think let's give this a go, the smell of the plastic mask was enough to say let's just cancel a few patients and have a relax in the chair instead.

I'll second that. Booze creates a state of hypoxia in the brain and oxygen simply reverses that.

Known as The Breakfast of Losers, medical type I know claims this was got him and many others through some very rough episodes in the dark days of his being a serf to the NHS

Few lungfuls of O2
Fizzy vitamin C tablets
Stiff coffee or six
Lots of water
Analgesic of choice
Top up with more oxygen as required
More water

Particularly bad cases found they also required access to certain pharmaceuticals not available to the general public, ranging from anti nausea tablets to the kind of thing that could get you some very bad press. But I am sure that sort of thing could never happen nowdays....

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Never mix drinks, full glass of water before bed and Ibuprofen 400mg (If you can take them). Then i'm so well practiced I don't get hangovers unless I mix drinks or drink wine.

Definitely - tried once on a range that had an ambulance and it was an almost miraculous recovery within seconds.

Failing that, a Virgin Mary with crap loads of tobasco, Worcester Sauce, lemon juice, horseradish (preferably fresh), and salt.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
after staggering out of the bar, OJ mixed with a bag of saline solution (to much of a wimp to IV myself) the biggest ibruprofen you can get and a sniff on the O2. Fit for PT instantly, but prone to exhaustion when wearing off just before the bar reopens in the afternoon ;)

Latest Threads