Best Hangover cure

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mango_Juice, Sep 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. not sure if this has already been done but what are your best and most wierd and wonderful hangover cures? i'm curious! (pun intended)
  2. An ex girlfriend of mine was an orthopedic doctor at a busy A&E. She and all her mates swore by oxygen.
  3. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Coffee, fresh oj, full english, fag and a dump. Not needed in that order, but when all 5 have been completed, my hangovers are usually gone.
  4. Can of cold Irn Bru from the fridge to start with, then 2 warm rowies washed down with strong black coffee with dash of milk. Failing that just start drinking again.
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Except for the coffee you've just nicked my post

I remember a queue behind an ambulance and oxygen getting dished out also Entinox(?)

It got locked away after they went to a shout and discovered the empty bottles oops
  6. See my post in the best breakfast thread!
  7. What the hell is a warm rowie? some kind of jock foodstuff?
  8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've been tempted to try that a few times, the only problem is any time I've been bad enough to think let's give this a go, the smell of the plastic mask was enough to say let's just cancel a few patients and have a relax in the chair instead.
  9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Aye it's another name for a buttery
  10. Couple of tablespoonfuls of honey in a mug, half fill with boiling water then top up with orange juice.

Sorted in 20 mins average.
  11. Seconded, as soon as we sat in the aircraft a few minutes on the old O2 cleared the head a treat!
  12. I'll second that. Booze creates a state of hypoxia in the brain and oxygen simply reverses that.

Known as The Breakfast of Losers, medical type I know claims this was got him and many others through some very rough episodes in the dark days of his being a serf to the NHS

Few lungfuls of O2
    Fizzy vitamin C tablets
    Stiff coffee or six
    Lots of water
    Analgesic of choice
    Top up with more oxygen as required
    More water

Particularly bad cases found they also required access to certain pharmaceuticals not available to the general public, ranging from anti nausea tablets to the kind of thing that could get you some very bad press. But I am sure that sort of thing could never happen nowdays....
  13. Always found going for a swim worked for me, if that's not possible plenty of OJ.
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Full Ulster fry & a whisky laced black coffee.
  15. Never mix drinks, full glass of water before bed and Ibuprofen 400mg (If you can take them). Then i'm so well practiced I don't get hangovers unless I mix drinks or drink wine.