Best Haka dance...

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Devil_Dog, Nov 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was watching the All Blacks doing their thing for the first time ever and I can assure you that I have never seen them perform their dance. But after I did I was left speechless.

So who has the best dance of them all?
  2. WABC do a fine dance.
  3. The Kiwis (NZ Rugby League team) do a good one now they're World Champs, and that's at a sport that more than one country plays at a respectable level compared to er.....American Football.
    And I challenge you Devil Dog to say 'The Haka's a dance." to any Kiwi they'd do one on your kidneys for you, you cOksmoking cnut.
  4. Pits,

What did I do to deserve your vitriol?
  5. Breathe.
  6. IIRC there was an entire NZ battalion doing it on landing at East Timor...
  7. Didn't see that one but recall a Haka done prior to a rugby game between the NZ's brigade team against 1RAR in the nineties in Townsville. Was fecking outstanding because their whole Bn did. They started at one try line and ended up in the centre of the pitch with the conclusion being the Haka. The bit before was the whole Bn moving forward as one and then the team doing their Haka. Was a very hair on the back of the neck standing up experience.
    Of course our boys riled them up by turning their backs on them. Hence cue a very murderous game of rugga.
  8. Always impressive !

First saw it in Singapore, in a bar in Changi, being performed by members of 1 RNZIR.
  9. Seen Hakas many times, its to fire up the spirit and ready to take on your enemy, it is sometimes used in a Powhiri.
  10. I went to school in Bulford in the 70s and when the Kiwis came over to clean the er.... Kiwi they came to the school and did the Haka at assembly. Some of the younger ones in the front row got quite scared by it, so much so that some sweet young thing sat crossed legs in the front row wet herself and started screaming the place down!
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Well, you learn something every day. Thanks Semper.

Sorry? Oh, OK.

12. Diolch feinedd Pigyn, ti ewythr cachau