Best final scenes shootout?

Just watched Hot Fuzz last night and had forgotten how much I love the shoot out/car crash/steeple through the chin. Then I saw that he was carrying that long thing. No wonder he won. Always makes me smile that film

Attachments

That is a good one - love the jumping through the air screaming while firing two pistols bit!

I have to put a vote in for Heat as well though. Pretty realistic in general, with actual mag changes and everything (although they do seem to be 80 round mags judging by their frequency).

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I don't recall Sgt Angel actually firing the S*R (although I am sure the old and bold will tell me that the sight of it was enough to win).

Not a final scene, but for my money this is the best scene in a great British film with a much better weapon:

[video=youtube;ksMydLGN1oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksMydLGN1oc[/video]

The shoot out in Lock Stock was pretty good.
Not as good as the rebellious public school boys in the film - 'If' Malcolm McDowell, from the church steeple...... in your own time............ fire.

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid is worth an honourey mention.

James Cagney in 'Angels with Dirty Faces' " You'll never take me alive copper!!"

Don't think it was the "final", but it led to it: Cross of Iron - Steiners lads get hosed down by their own side. Pre Tarantino (maybe it was him?) but lots of slow motion and spurts of red stuff. Bit of a trend setter really.

Don't think it was the "final", but it led to it: Cross of Iron - Steiners lads get hosed down by their own side. Pre Tarantino (maybe it was him?) but lots of slow motion and spurts of red stuff. Bit of a trend setter really.
Tarantino!!!!

Wash your mouth out, it was Peckinpah and he knew how to do a final shoot-out. This from the best western ever made:

The Wild Bunch - Final Shootout - YouTube