Best final scenes shootout?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by 1stgulfmac, Apr 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched Hot Fuzz last night and had forgotten how much I love the shoot out/car crash/steeple through the chin. Then I saw that he was carrying that long thing. No wonder he won. Always makes me smile that film

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. That is a good one - love the jumping through the air screaming while firing two pistols bit!

I have to put a vote in for Heat as well though. Pretty realistic in general, with actual mag changes and everything (although they do seem to be 80 round mags judging by their frequency).

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I don't recall Sgt Angel actually firing the S*R (although I am sure the old and bold will tell me that the sight of it was enough to win).

Not a final scene, but for my money this is the best scene in a great British film with a much better weapon:

• Like Like x 2
  4. .
    The shoot out in Lock Stock was pretty good.

5. Be a waste to do it on your own, get yourself a full multiple and you've a good chance of coming out the other side! But the question is would you go low end and clean out some rabble in a shitty estate or would you do the real criminals and clear out parliament?

6. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not as good as the rebellious public school boys in the film - 'If' Malcolm McDowell, from the church steeple...... in your own time............ fire.

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid is worth an honourey mention.

James Cagney in 'Angels with Dirty Faces' " You'll never take me alive copper!!"

• Like Like x 2
  8. Don't think it was the "final", but it led to it: Cross of Iron - Steiners lads get hosed down by their own side. Pre Tarantino (maybe it was him?) but lots of slow motion and spurts of red stuff. Bit of a trend setter really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Leon the professional.

• Like Like x 1