Best Figurine/Presentation Piece

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Gundulph, Sep 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many moons ago a lad from 9 Squadron was posted over to our unit in Waterbeach, he had done a pathfinders course among other things and showed us what I can only describe as the very best figurine/presentation pieces I saw in my time in...

It was painted in finest detail and was a Squaddie sat down with his stripped down webbing in front of him, everything emptied out and he was cleaning his Weapon parts, it was excellent!

I was wondering if anyone was ever given this same type of figurine as a leaving presentation piece, I can't remember if it was a 9 Squadron item or general Squaddie figurine but it was brilliant.

If anyone has a link or a picture can you show it here...

2. Not sure of that figurine, but from running a PRI shop the best "makers" of these things I found is

Ballantynes

they've got some good kit.

3. The cold cast bronze Spean Bridge "United We Conquer" is pretty good.

4. never seen the one you are on about but have a few different ones from my time & as hurrah says that company are pretty good.

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Not sure it was a 9 Sqn piece. The standard presentation "many moons ago" was a cold cast bronze figurine of a paratrooper at "action stations". I don't recall a piece like the one you describe in the PRI.

6. It may well have been from his Pathfinders/Patrols Course then... it could be done of course for any Unit.

7. Wish we had one at 61 field support sqn in the 80s.It would have been a fat statuette with its webbing on back to front,beret on the back of its head and a can of McEwens in place of SLR.