Best FAM visits??

Discussion in 'Officers' started by bsucdp, Aug 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a bit of time to kill before RCB and so am going to go on a few FAM visits- which are meant to be the best? Signed up to signals already - is artillery worth going on? any others got a reputation of being good?

cheers

2. Having attended an Artillery fam visit about 6 weeks ago I can HIGHLY rate it. It was a fantastic visit, you'll get shown all the guns, get to talk to a lot of officers, and soldiers, not to mention the YOs just out of Sandhurst. On the second day, they'll PT you to death, but don't let that put you off, it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, a must in my opinion.

3. cool, might book myself in for that one then- anyone know how to organise a FAM visit without going through your careers adviser contact- mine is away for 4 weeks on holiday- now there's an advert for the army!

also, what's the signals fam visit like? got that one late September- any tips?

4. Has anyone been on a para visit? considering this one

5. anyone done the loggies one at deepcut?? anyone no what to expect at a FAM visit full stop??

6. REME and RE are both fun, especially boating on the Medway in rigid raiders. Mind you, drinking games - from a free bar - with REME didn't exactly count as a chore.

7. QRH fam visit in Germany was superb fun. RA visit at Larkhill was more structured, with more PT and less alcohol and mess games.

8. Best I've done is the AAC one though you have to pass the aptitude first due to popular demand.

9. Hmm, Reme has to be the best, the biggest test being how you cope with the hangover in day 2!

OS

10. has anyone done a signals fam visit- im off there on the 26th sept. any info would be great

11. From what i remeber the sigs make you run and stuff! Not my idea of fun!

12. Ah the signals. Well you'll meet a couple of Captains who will take you through your visit. There will probably be some command tasks, PT and the classic scripted presentation. If you're lucky you'll get to play beams on the first night which is always a laugh, and have a look in the Bet Book too. The Signals mess isn't as upmarket as the one at Larkhill (as far as I can remember) but the officers there are superb.

13. Anyone done anything with the infantry?

I'm hoping to go see PWRR (possibly RRF and LI too). I've also been advised to go see RA and RE, but they sound a bit more **** with the visits.

14. anyone else been on a QRH fam visit? what can I expect?

.:M-F:.

15. Signals is definately the way forward!!!!! Wait till you get on the beams....you won't beat the Tp Comds' course....obviously!

Capt B