• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Best Ever Movie Weapons

this maybe the place to ask, I wathced Diehard 4.0 last night, what is that assault rifle the bad guys were using when they busted in the kids house to kill him? they looked fancy!

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
I was always a fan of the nuke that Peter Seller's sat astride of in Dr Strangelove.

That or the Millenium Falcon - it just kept on going......

Anything ever carried by Arnie. Unlimited ammo, no reloads and guaranteed to hit moving targets from the hip at any range. If only they could underbid Royal Ordinance.

Failing that, that farmyard-animal-firing catapult from Monty Python's The Holy Grail. The only thing worse is being taunted a second time.

Captain Jack's amazing Webley .45..........at least 3 squillion rounds in the cylinder and able to make brown bread humans AND other life forms: a far, far better PPW than Clint's .44 Magnum............

mysteron said:
HOLY HAND GRENADE OF ANTIOCH!!!!!
A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

-- Monty Python, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

Little Guns, I believe the AVP rifles were H7K G36C's if i'm not mistaken. Sexy kit apparently!! Never fired one but if it's H&K it's not going to be pants.

The same weapon as Die Hard 4.0 from what I can remember too.

I think H&K have the contract to supply all movie global terrorists alongside their alien defence market. All the Die Hard films, Most of 24s baddies pack H&K, AVP, the albino monk from the Da vinci code, Lethal weapon 1-4, the list goes on......

What about the M41A pulse rifles from Aliens. 10mm armour piercing caseless, or in real life, a thompson machine gun with a SPAS 12 shotgun underneath. Looked Ally if nothing else.

I'll get my mac and leave now.. (Pushes spectacles back up his nose)

Latest Threads