Best Come Back Lines for the Press

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by diplomat, Feb 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

U S Marine Corp's General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!! This must be one of the best comeback lines of all time.

It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.
  2. This has been done before ages ago.

3. msr

msr LE

4. I hardly think it could have been the 'other day' that this interview occurred, since it's done the rounds on webboards about a million times. Oh, and based on Googling the guy, General Reinwald doesn't appear to exist outside this story - which takes up the first 100 hits on Google, the rest being in foreign.

edit. Too slow.
  5. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

My apologies. It was the first time I had received it. Sorry to have wasted your time.
  6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ha - but always gives me a chuckle! That one and the one about the USS "somethingorother" and the Canuk lighthouse.... :D
  7. T'was the USS '.....' and the Irish lighthouse. God, switch on lofty-it was in all the papers and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!