Best cities in Britain

Thought I'd take a slightly more positive slant on an earlier thread. So whaddya think? What is the best city in Britain and why?

It has to be London, due to it's ethnic diversity and cultural stimulation, (ok only joking on those two), but it does have a good social scene(read drinking scene) and despite that fact that it's run by labourite idiots, it does have a lot going for it in the way of things to do and it's open 24/7.

Chichester was a glorious city but I did notice one or two outsiders there a few months ago . . .

Pedestrianised city with North, South, West and East Street all eminating from its centre. Great on the lash with an abundance of young college totty to play with.

Keep it quiet though cos we shouldn't really tell many people . . .

ugly

LE
Let down by the poofter snobs that run its rugby club though!

Colly.

I thought about Winchester until I remembered my late Uncle's comment on the place "Watch out if you're in Winchester. Don't do your shoe laces up because the place is full of Sodomites" This said to me as a small boy: Mother and Father were not amused but I remembered: The old devil was wise in the ways of this Wicked World

ugly

LE
I rather like the worthies and Easton!

saintstone said:
It has to be London, due to it's ethnic diversity and cultural stimulation, (ok only joking on those two), but it does have a good social scene(read drinking scene) and despite that fact that it's run by labourite idiots, it does have a lot going for it in the way of things to do and it's open 24/7.
Bollocks is it open 24/7, the tubes and trains stop at midnight, pubs and bars don't go in for the 24hr drinking. Plus it's filthy and not in a good way.

ugly said:
What, Easton in Bristol? That's several times more dangerous than St Pauls

London, definitly, if your tired of London you are tired of life. Moving out (even a little way) was the worst mistake of my life, give me the Edgware Road over surrey anyday.

Trotsky

LordVonHarley said:
saintstone said:
balls is it open 24/7, the tubes and trains stop at midnight, pubs and bars don't go in for the 24hr drinking. Plus it's filthy and not in a good way.
Depends on where you go drinking, obviously your average local won't be open 24 hrs, but up in the City, clubs and bars such as SoSho and the MoS are open until the early hrs, in fact on the way to work this morning, there was a crowd just leaving MoS at around 07.30. Filthy, yes, but you name one city that isn't covered in shite. And, yes, trains and tubes close, but public transport still runs in the form of night buses.

ugly

LE
happybonzo said:
ugly said:
Easton near Winchester, I shoot there!

ugly

LE
No city is nice to live in, I hate even commuting in for work!

saintstone said:
LordVonHarley said:
saintstone said:
balls is it open 24/7, the tubes and trains stop at midnight, pubs and bars don't go in for the 24hr drinking. Plus it's filthy and not in a good way.
Depends on where you go drinking, obviously your average local won't be open 24 hrs, but up in the City, clubs and bars such as SoSho and the MoS are open until the early hrs, in fact on the way to work this morning, there was a crowd just leaving MoS at around 07.30. Filthy, yes, but you name one city that isn't covered in shite. And, yes, trains and tubes close, but public transport still runs in the form of night buses.

In Lambeth there are clubs such as FIRE that open at midnight and close around 0930-1000

Trotsky

Liverpool

Why? Just because it is :D

So many accomplishments

World Firsts

World’s first wet dock controlled by floodgates
Liverpool’s Dock master built the first lighthouses to use parabolic mirrors
Matthew Dobson, a Liverpool physician, discovered the link between sugar and diabetes
First public use of Ether as an anaesthetic
World’s first American Consul
World’s first cast iron church
World’s first school for deaf people
World’s first train shed and first large wooden railway station roof
World’s first railway timetable published
World’s first scheduled transatlantic passenger service
World’s first public Baths and Wash-houses
World’s first Medical Officer of Health
World’s largest train shed
World’s first overhead electric railway
The largest tobacco warehouse in the world built at Stanley Dock
First bank in the world to use a computer
World’s first Radar Lighthouse
The world’s largest Anglican Cathedral has the world’s largest organ and highest and heaviest peal of bells

British firsts

First British purpose-built office block
First girl’s day grammar school in England
First British trades council
First purpose built public library
Britain’s first ecumenical conference
First provincial children’s hospital
First provincial School of Nursing
Liverpool Corporation brought Britain’s first steamroller
Britain’s first cycling club
First borough to secure and Act of Parliament to establish a tram system
Britain’s first municipal housing
First British public Art Gallery
Britain’s first woman to qualify as a doctor opens a practice in Liverpool
First under-river railway tunnel constructed under the River Mersey
First purpose-built ambulance in Britain
Liverpool’s Police Force the first to be equipped with rubber soled boots for night duty
First British School of Architecture and Applied Art
First British use of x-ray in medical diagnosis
Britain’s first School of Tropical Medicine
First escalator in a railway station
Britain’s first motor fire engine
Britain’s first woman Councillor
Britain’s first Woolworth’s
The Royal Liver Building Clock, the biggest in Britain
First hyperbolic cooling tower in Britain
First purpose built boxing stadium in Britain
First British police force to use a two way radio communications system
Britain’s first Chinese newspaper
First footballer to score three consecutive hat-tricks
First hospital radio service
Britain’s first package holiday flight
first British woman to top the chats
Britain’s first drive-in bank
First port in Britain to use a computer
First Police Force to use closed-circuit television
First seminar in Britain for orchestra conductors
Britain’s first public planetarium
First football club to win three major competitions in one season

Not only that

2 Cathedrals (therefore twice the city)
Albert Dock, the country’s largest group of Grade 1 listed buildings
2 Fine football teams (how tempting it is to say the Liverpool & Liverpool reserves Joke) with great history and traditions.
And for the Egg Chasers the worlds oldest Open Rugby Club
Capital of Culture
World heritage site

Great City, Great History, great Future

All that and not one mention of the Beatles (Dam, I mentioned the Beatles) :wink:

And let the vitriolic jealousy commence :roll: :roll:

Obviously, Trotsky, if you know where to go, you can party at any time. I can even get a pint or two at 05.00 in a pub, how many other cities can offer that in the UK ??

saintstone said:
London always appears to me as bleak, full of miserable cnuts walking round with their heads down and not sociable at all.

ugly said:
happybonzo said:
ugly said:
Easton near Winchester, I shoot there!
You can also do that in Easton, Bristol. Last time I was down there I found a 9mm casing in the gutter.

dingerr said:
saintstone said:
London always appears to me as bleak, full of miserable cnuts walking round with their heads down and not sociable at all.
Due to your location (the one on your avatar), you don't get to too many arrse crawls, they are full of the opposite, cunts-yes, but hardly miserable.