Best cities in Britain

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tazzers, Feb 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought I'd take a slightly more positive slant on an earlier thread. So whaddya think? What is the best city in Britain and why?

2. It has to be London, due to it's ethnic diversity and cultural stimulation, (ok only joking on those two), but it does have a good social scene(read drinking scene) and despite that fact that it's run by labourite idiots, it does have a lot going for it in the way of things to do and it's open 24/7.

3. Laaandon Taahn and no mistake.

4. Chichester was a glorious city but I did notice one or two outsiders there a few months ago . . .

Pedestrianised city with North, South, West and East Street all eminating from its centre. Great on the lash with an abundance of young college totty to play with.

Keep it quiet though cos we shouldn't really tell many people . . .

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Let down by the poofter snobs that run its rugby club though!

6. Colly.

7. I thought about Winchester until I remembered my late Uncle's comment on the place "Watch out if you're in Winchester. Don't do your shoe laces up because the place is full of Sodomites" This said to me as a small boy: Mother and Father were not amused but I remembered: The old devil was wise in the ways of this Wicked World

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I rather like the worthies and Easton!

9. Bollocks is it open 24/7, the tubes and trains stop at midnight, pubs and bars don't go in for the 24hr drinking. Plus it's filthy and not in a good way.

10. What, Easton in Bristol? That's several times more dangerous than St Pauls

11. London, definitly, if your tired of London you are tired of life. Moving out (even a little way) was the worst mistake of my life, give me the Edgware Road over surrey anyday.

Trotsky

12. Depends on where you go drinking, obviously your average local won't be open 24 hrs, but up in the City, clubs and bars such as SoSho and the MoS are open until the early hrs, in fact on the way to work this morning, there was a crowd just leaving MoS at around 07.30. Filthy, yes, but you name one city that isn't covered in shite. And, yes, trains and tubes close, but public transport still runs in the form of night buses.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Easton near Winchester, I shoot there!

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No city is nice to live in, I hate even commuting in for work!

15. In Lambeth there are clubs such as FIRE that open at midnight and close around 0930-1000

Trotsky