Best Chicken Sarnie?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Gundulph, Feb 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RIght, a Culinary Mission for everyone... I have chicken, bread and not much in the house, anyone any Top Ideas for a bloody good but basic Chicken Sarnie?... 8O

2. Mayonnaise, paprika powder.

What do you have available?

3. Mayo and Paprika I have! :wink:

4. Chicken with"Blue Dragon"Thi dipping sauce

5. Are you in my kitchen :?

What else do you have? We've established mayo and paprika,

pesto? fresh tomato? - mix the pesto and mayo, spread generously over the slices of bread, layer on chicken and tomato with black pepper...et voila!

Cheese? Chutney/pickle? lightly toast the bread, spread with pickle, layer with chicken topped with cheese, put under the grill until golden, eat with mayo

6. I wish I was blueygirl! unfortunately, I'm nowhere near a Sainsbury's either as am in Sarajevo at present, but do have Soya Sauce, Honey & Five Spices so may go with Mr_Deputy's idea of grilling the chicken then pouring the sauce over and grilling again then adding to sarnie :wink: All ideas are excellent! many thanks...

7. Got any vodka? Mix the seasonings, tomato, paprika etc. and chicken with a shot-let of voddy...a chicken Bloody Mary sandwich.

8. Sounds fabulous...might do something similar this evening....mmmm getting hungry now!

9. 4 cup Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon water
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
    4 sandwich buns, split
    1 tomato, thinly sliced
    1 cup shredded lettuce

Instructions

1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.

2. Broil chicken 4 inches from the heat for 3 minutes on each side.

3. Brush with mustard sauce. Broil 4-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.

4. Serve on buns with tomato and lettuce

Chicken, Sweet Corn & Mayonnaise Sandwich

Ingredients

120g (4 oz) sweet corn, cooked
    60g (2 oz) cooked chicken breast, shredded
    30ml (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
    2 slices of bread, white or wholemeal, you decide

Method
    Mix the sweet corn, chicken and mayonnaise in a bowl.
    Spoon the mixture on one slice of bread and close the sandwich by placing the other slice on top. Enjoy.

10. Try finely chopping some sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olives and red onion, then mix them together with the chicken, add loads of mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Serve in a warmed ciabatta with crisp lettuce. (Ok, not exactly a two minute snack, but it's a start!)

11. Never mind all that - where did you get the 5 spice powder. Was it local? I have some Thai Fish sauce which I can get from Butmir if you need it. :D

OMG I feel a curry coming on :cry:

12. Mango chutney and mayo!

13. Bread, butter, chicken, salt and english mustard.

Bugger all these posh types. Keep it simple!

14. Toast the bread, chop the roast chicken roughly. Mix some mayo, lemon juice and black pepper then add the chicken. Spoon the mix onto the toast add a bit of lettuce for crunch and enjoy!

15. toasted white bread
    butter
    chicken
    mayo
    mustard
    salt
    pepper
    lettuce
    diced ham