Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by GROWNUPS_BEWARE, Aug 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this is an oldie - am moving soon from my fat civvy-ridden MOD job back toward the hallowed sound of gunfire (well..kind of...)

Grateful for parishoners' thoughts on the bestest chest rig. Wants to be for general Infantry fare, but preferably vehicle-friendly also.

I've heard good things about the issue Assault vest - however I'm not a great fan of the fiddly ammo pouch clips (though the unit taylor could probably replace these with velcro/the excellent PLCE clips).
    I was also v impressed by South African assault rig - but suspect it ain't IR Resistant.

Lots of hyped up other options from Arktis etc - but keen for thoughts from those who have used them most recently.

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Got a mate that will soon (hopefully) be making the SA Battlejackets in Milspec DPM.

I'll keep you posted.
  3. The simplest solution I've found to the IR problem is to just paint the kit. Seems to have worked for my mates. Its very expensive to get the IR material, and things like dupont cordura just stand out like the dogs dangles
  4. used the arktis gunners vest in basra great for patrolling not great
    if crawling around .dont think you can have a rig which is vechile friendly
    and good for crawling .unless mags in pocket everthing else in daysac
    which worked great when i played enemy :lol:
  5. Shameless plug for site? cos I reckon he may have found one in the 6 years since posting.
  6. I recon that he's had his mags in a tesco's carrier bag all this time.
  7. oh dear....................
  8. He's probably on his third tour by now, original post 2004