Best Car Chase Ever?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Mr Happy, May 11, 2005.

?
  1. Goldeneye, for the T55 (?) through Moscow

4.1%
  2. Ronin, for the chase in southern france

32.7%
  3. Bullitt, Dodge vs Ford - and a green VW Beetle

22.4%
  4. Herbie goes bananas

2.0%
  5. Smokey and the Bandit 2 (trucks vs. cops in the desert)

2.0%
  6. Cannonball Run

2.0%
  7. Taxi. Taxi 2 and Taxi 3 - can you tell the difference?

2.0%
  8. The Italian Job

32.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Best Car Chase Ever?

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I couldn't list more poll options so sorry if your movie didn't make it here, feel free to suggest it though!

3. The Italian Job.

Beebs

4. The Transporter, especially if you include the part before he drives off and complains at having to carry more passengers than were in the original deal.

5. Close the thread The Italian job wins. "Hang on a minute lads I've got an idea". Classic

6. I had to vote for the reality's.

How jealous are our cops that the americans can just ram into the car they are chasing.

If our lads did that they would have a weeks paper work to fill out.

7. There's a French crime-caper about a Taxi driver that has some spectacular chases involving a souped up Peugeot 405 of all things.

8. Blues Brothers...saved the american auto industry 8O

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

That'll be Taxi, Taxi 2 and Taxi 3 (I like 3 the most)

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Get me to the airport, I'm in a hurry. Oui!

11. The Bourne Identity/Supremacy - two excellent chases using pieces of sh1t small cars

Of the ones on the list, probably Ronin the best and Bond in the T 55 worst (was it a T 80? my AFV is a bit rusty and I was getting a BJ while that was on so the concentration levels were a bit low!) :lol:

12. My mate versus a bunch of armed robbers in west london 1995, bandit car rammed off road and two armed men arrested by two unarmed cops after they had allready shot their way out of an armed flying squad vcp.

The villians told the arresting officers that they would have shot them to if they hadn't thought the black long batons they used to break the car windows were MP5's.

Did my mate get the Queens Police Medal? Did he b@@@@cks? The CPS made him stand trial for dangerous driving (aquitted luckily enough)

Now you see why we are bitter.

Trotsky

13. Trotsky, I was going to suggest French conection but your mate got a far better result..nice one!! usual support from der management, eh?!

14. "Cop engine. Cop suspension. Cop tires."

15. I voted for Bulllitt...Brings back my childhood :) However, we can't ram cars here either. Its considered "deadly force." Therefore, "ramming" can only be used in certain circumstances and in those circumstances, you must be able to use deadly force anyway, before you can "ram." Even then, its rarely, very rarely done. Too dangerous...