Best boots (tabbing, etc.)

napier

LE
Moderator
Kit Reviewer
#1
As there are often several threads about various aspects of footwear at any one time, here is a thread for all you foot fetishists.
 
#4
oblivion592 said:
NEVER buy magnums. Ever.
Agreed the choice boot for the fat twat, mingy c-nt. oh there good for the cft blah blah blah there sh-t always have been and always will :evil:
 
#5
SLUDGE said:
oblivion592 said:
NEVER buy magnums. Ever.
Agreed the choice boot for the fat t**t, mingy c-nt. oh there good for the cft blah blah blah there sh-t always have been and always will :evil:
I bought a pair as a young sprog (simply because they were dirt cheap, and I HATED HATED HATED the issued boots). Magnum all leathers. Not that bad. Shite for exercise, but for on camp use and the odd CFT their actually not TOO bad for the money. Especially compared to the super shiat issued boots. Magnums are nice and light too.

And I'm still waiting for them to wear out after a 3 years of use pretty much everyday.
 
#8
Sensesworkingovertime said:
SLUDGE said:
oblivion592 said:
NEVER buy magnums. Ever.
Agreed the choice boot for the fat t**t, mingy c-nt. oh there good for the cft blah blah blah there sh-t always have been and always will :evil:
I bought a pair as a young sprog (simply because they were dirt cheap, and I HATED HATED HATED the issued boots). Magnum all leathers. Not that bad. Shite for exercise, but for on camp use and the odd CFT their actually not TOO bad for the money. Especially compared to the super shiat issued boots. Magnums are nice and light too.

And I'm still waiting for them to wear out after a 3 years of use pretty much everyday.
I've worn the issue boot every day since I joined, and no problems there. I have, however, seen people unable to walk because of injuries to the Achilles tendon, broken ankles etc caused by the total lack of support in magnums. Plus, if you wear them, people assume that you're a cadet in disguise.
 
#10
OH WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BOOTS D.M.S..

try doing all the things you youngsters do now in them then complain..
 
#11
If you are going for alternative boots then I highly recommend Altberg's Defender Microlite Boots. Light and very comfortable straight from the box.

I have yet to get blisters from them whereas the CABs waste no time in destroying my feet!
 
#12
Pebble_Monkey said:
If you are going for alternative boots then I highly recommend Altberg's Defender Microlite Boots. Light and very comfortable straight from the box.

I have yet to get blisters from them whereas the CABs waste no time in destroying my feet!
Myself and a few friends of mine did the keswick to barrow 40 mile walk a few weeks ago (in kit of course). they insisted on wearing CABs. I wore my magnums (to be different of course :D) they ended up with their feet and legs in sh1t state within 10 miles. I did the entire 40 miles with hotspots on my left foot and 2 small blisters on my right foot (where for some reason my sock had worn through...)
 
#14
Sensesworkingovertime said:
Myself and a few friends of mine did the keswick to barrow 40 mile walk a few weeks ago (in kit of course). they insisted on wearing CABs. I wore my magnums (to be different of course :D) they ended up with their feet and legs in sh1t state within 10 miles. I did the entire 40 miles with hotspots on my left foot and 2 small blisters on my right foot (where for some reason my sock had worn through...)
Personally i've foung magnums to be crap on anything other than paths or on road, and they weigh a ton when wet (which is about 3minutes). Spend the extra money and get a decent pair of boots.
 
#15
callum13 said:
booty display team wear spiffy magnums, well ally.

Altberg sneaker
After much choice went for these babies they felt like slippers now wonders why lowa urban were contemplated in the first place :D
 

Attachments

#16
oblivion592 said:
Sensesworkingovertime said:
Myself and a few friends of mine did the keswick to barrow 40 mile walk a few weeks ago (in kit of course). they insisted on wearing CABs. I wore my magnums (to be different of course :D) they ended up with their feet and legs in sh1t state within 10 miles. I did the entire 40 miles with hotspots on my left foot and 2 small blisters on my right foot (where for some reason my sock had worn through...)
Personally i've foung magnums to be crap on anything other than paths or on road, and they weigh a ton when wet (which is about 3minutes). Spend the extra money and get a decent pair of boots.
though they weigh more when wet, they're still seem lighter than altbergs, lowas or CAB dry.
 
#17
Whatever is issue at the time. They may not be best at miles/min, but better value is hard to find. They are free.
 
#18
Tried issue and they knackered my achilles.

I now have Alt-berg and they are excellent, with superb after sales service. If you can get to the factory it's even better as they give first class service. As to which boot - I have Patrols (light weight and good for summer), Field and Fell (Good winter boots, great support), a couple of pairs of desert and a chit from the Doc to say that I need them (ie I get them paid for by the QM, and I am insured to wear them).

I have also bought some of their bike boots and they are fantastic.
 
#19
just for the sake of answers, lets say im made of the green stuff.

what would you lot say is the best boot money can by? if you had NO budget.

if you got a link to a site or shop were they can be brought post that too....

thanks a load.

cheers,

phate
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top