Best boots (tabbing, etc.)

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by napier, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

As there are often several threads about various aspects of footwear at any one time, here is a thread for all you foot fetishists.

2. Hanwags, non-goretex.

3. NEVER buy magnums. Ever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agreed the choice boot for the fat twat, mingy c-nt. oh there good for the cft blah blah blah there sh-t always have been and always will :evil:

5. I bought a pair as a young sprog (simply because they were dirt cheap, and I HATED HATED HATED the issued boots). Magnum all leathers. Not that bad. Shite for exercise, but for on camp use and the odd CFT their actually not TOO bad for the money. Especially compared to the super shiat issued boots. Magnums are nice and light too.

And I'm still waiting for them to wear out after a 3 years of use pretty much everyday.

6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Lowa Patrols, non goretex.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scarpas 6 years old soles replaced once, still going strong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've worn the issue boot every day since I joined, and no problems there. I have, however, seen people unable to walk because of injuries to the Achilles tendon, broken ankles etc caused by the total lack of support in magnums. Plus, if you wear them, people assume that you're a cadet in disguise.

9. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

You're bloody lucky mate! Issue boots eat my feet alive

10. OH WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BOOTS D.M.S..

try doing all the things you youngsters do now in them then complain..

11. If you are going for alternative boots then I highly recommend Altberg's Defender Microlite Boots. Light and very comfortable straight from the box.

I have yet to get blisters from them whereas the CABs waste no time in destroying my feet!

12. Myself and a few friends of mine did the keswick to barrow 40 mile walk a few weeks ago (in kit of course). they insisted on wearing CABs. I wore my magnums (to be different of course :D) they ended up with their feet and legs in sh1t state within 10 miles. I did the entire 40 miles with hotspots on my left foot and 2 small blisters on my right foot (where for some reason my sock had worn through...)

• Like Like x 1
  13. booty display team wear spiffy magnums, well ally.

Altberg sneaker

14. Personally i've foung magnums to be crap on anything other than paths or on road, and they weigh a ton when wet (which is about 3minutes). Spend the extra money and get a decent pair of boots.

15. After much choice went for these babies they felt like slippers now wonders why lowa urban were contemplated in the first place :D

Attached Files: