Best Boots for SF selection.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Widow52, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bought myself some Altberg Sneekers, seem a little too lightweight for the Brecons.
    Can anyone vouch for them?
    Or any other suggestions?
  2. Thet do not offer enough ankle support. See what they wear on the briefing will see they all have either HANWAG or LOWA.
  3. I could be wrong, but isn't it issue kit only?
  4. No, I would wear either the above.
  5. ive always thought they issue you kit.

ho hum
  6. Im not too sure, but cant imagine it. A few mates used Altbergs. Lowas and hanwags definitly seem to be the main option
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't use your best boots mate. You might need them for RSM's inspection.
  8. by the time you get to take any 'SF' selection you should have been in long enough to know what boots are 'best' anyway.

I call wah.
  9. i thought it was WW2 boots with no laces? Or is that too much mcnabb ive been reading again?
  10. Haha. Yeah, cheers
  11. I wore the non Gore-Tex Lowa Sleeka's, they lasted me for the Hill's and a long time afterwards too!
    I think they have been discontinued now and replaced by the Lowa Urban boot, these are available in Gore-Tex and non Gore-Tex versions too, albeit slightly heavier.
    Ultimately the decision lies with whatever you are comfortable with, i do believe they have to be hi leg black boots, no Jungle, Civvie Hill Walking or GSG9/Bates style boots though, Alt-Berg Sneekers should be fine.
    Good luck!
  12. A sturdy pair of crocs !! Open toed for good air circulation, good solid heel and they look daaaamn sexy for when cutting about town !! :D
  13. I am with Auld Yin on this one. Best Boots, well bulled are the drill. Make sure you make a lovely crunch as you drive those heels into the parade ground.
    If in doubt ask to speak to anyone in the Household Div for advice.
    Grow Bags R Us
  14. Desert wellies to go with those faded Levi 501's for covert Ops and face time in the bar with Sgt Henno ??????
  15. Haha roger. then maybe try and get off with the fellow female trooper?