• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Best boots for running long distance in??

I am running a half marathon in Sept (Great north run) for H4H in green kit so I need a good comfortable boot to run in. Anyone ran this type of distance on that terrain before? Need advise on boots. Thanks

Boots in Warminster High street is fine.............just a little slippy by the incontinece pants section....but in general your 13 mile jog around he ailses should be fine

What's wrong with my reply you ungreatfull git ....... Oh and lavish saddle soap on them so they go supple , all the best .

I found the old Combat High great for running in, far better than assault boots, matterhorns and the like. The problem now is finding them.

Whatever you get, get some miles in wearing them first - yeah, egg sucking I know.

Not your reply H3 them other 2 comedians. I cant wear issued they f**k my feet up on a 6 mile run so wouldnt like to see what 13 would do. Thanks for your proper reply though

Only paupers and the great unwashed would ask this question, one should get ones manservant to carry out this task, the state of the wretches feet afterwards are of no concern.

Altberg Sneekers. Best boots I've had, wore them brand new on a CFT, not one blister comapred to my old worn in BCH's which tear my feet up even when taped.

I did similar to yourself on the Great North Run last year. Wore Lowa Seeker GTX. Feet were spot on in them. Although I already had them for day to day wear at my workplace. I would have thought twice shelling out the dough for them were it only for the run. Best of luck. Great day out.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I am running a half marathon in Sept (Great north run) for H4H in green kit so I need a good comfortable boot to run in. Anyone ran this type of distance on that terrain before? Need advise on boots. Thanks
You need to find what works for you, what suits one won't suit another.

Do they come with free lube to ease the bumming you get from dropping £180 on what are black 3 season hiking boots with no goretex liner?
Of course they do .... But their £149.99 , Gortex is pants any how as it take far too long to dry out ! Non gortex ans Seal skin socks ...... Done and dusted for me .

Search about for them though as I've seen them cheaper on the tinter net :0)

Latest Threads