Best boots for running long distance in??

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by FollowtheSpr, Jun 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am running a half marathon in Sept (Great north run) for H4H in green kit so I need a good comfortable boot to run in. Anyone ran this type of distance on that terrain before? Need advise on boots. Thanks

2. Boots in Warminster High street is fine.............just a little slippy by the incontinece pants section....but in general your 13 mile jog around he ailses should be fine

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avoid Boots in Colchester, it's full of overweight shoplifters in ron hills and white stilettos

4. H3

H3 LE

I've done loads back in the day in issue Combats high , just have good insoles and tape your feet up !

5. Super replies.

6. H3

H3 LE

What's wrong with my reply you ungreatfull git ....... Oh and lavish saddle soap on them so they go supple , all the best .

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would not run in your best boots, second best should do fine.

8. So you will be carrying CFT weight for this "green kit" feat of daring do?

9. There will be scales in Boots to check of course

10. I found the old Combat High great for running in, far better than assault boots, matterhorns and the like. The problem now is finding them.

Whatever you get, get some miles in wearing them first - yeah, egg sucking I know.

11. Not your reply H3 them other 2 comedians. I cant wear issued they f**k my feet up on a 6 mile run so wouldnt like to see what 13 would do. Thanks for your proper reply though

• Like Like x 1
  12. Only paupers and the great unwashed would ask this question, one should get ones manservant to carry out this task, the state of the wretches feet afterwards are of no concern.

13. H3

H3 LE

Actually come to think of it a mate of mine has been doing the rounds in these :

Aku NS 564 Navy Seal - Black

Easy on the feet but heavy on the wallet !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. scales in the fishmongers, surely?

or is it pick n mix in Boots? It's been a while

15. Do they come with free lube to ease the bumming you get from dropping £180 on what are black 3 season hiking boots with no goretex liner?