Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goldeneye

• Tomorrow Never Dies

• The World Is Not Enough

• Total voters
Just watched Goldeneye, and I think its a cracker.
Good points:
Dam Jump
DB5 and Ferrari chase
Samantha bond as a hotty of a moneypenny
Pierce Brosnan being a cracking bond
Judi Dench as a brilliant ballcruncher of an M
Tank chase in moscow
Q being q
The russians
Coldwar
Space weapon
Crazy lady baddy
Sean Bean and British Baddy
Robby Coultrane

Bad points
No bond car.

I know they aren't all there, but it wouldnt let me put them all down.

you young whippersnappers will not remember how inovative "from russia with love" was to a teenager on first seeing it! And the crumpet!!!!

The Roger Moore one with Jane Seymour as the Tarot reader. I'm not sure what it was called, but I think it was set in and around New Orleans. Great voodoo/cemetery scene, and did I mention Jane Seymour, still my all time top fantasy totty.

Dr. No wasn't a 'bond' film. May have been the first, but wasnt the best. From Russia with love is brilliant. My 2nd fav

Sleeper_service said:
The Roger Moore one with Jane Seymour as the Tarot reader. I'm not sure what it was called, but I think it was set in and around New Orleans. Great voodoo/cemetery scene, and did I mention Jane Seymour, still my all time top fantasy totty.
That would be Live and Let Die, good film but Paul Mcartney and The Wings doing the theme tune? What were they thinking????

I quite like the living daylights actually. Awesome car, brilliant set pieces. Snipers galore.

army_of_1 said:
The Living Daylights with Timothy Dalton = Worse Bond film ever.
I thought Living Daylights was great meself. OHMSS has to be the worst one, why do you think George Lasenby was only Bond once?

Noway. OHMSS was a cracking one. Lazenby had a bugger of a plot ending to deal with, same with dalton in licence to kill.

Liscence to kill did suck but Timothy Dalton's Living Daylights was in my opinion a very good bond film. Lazenby too did a good job in OHMSS, he only did one because he didn't get on with the director, and Telly Savalas made a good Bloefeld (though again never as good as Donald Pleasence).

All in all Goldfinger, OHMSS, Living Daylights and Goldeneye are my top four, order yet to be decided....

Living Daylights was one of the best - it had a plausible (ish) plot. I thought Die Another Day might go the same direction, but it went fcucking silly after about 30 mins, witha w@nk ending.

Goldfinger is generally regarded as the best. OHMSS is a bloody good film if you can gt past George Lazenby's acting. My personal favourite was You Only Live Twice, I got to take my niece to Japan for that one!

Thouroughly agree that Die Another Day is pile of brown and smelly. Madonna even manages to make herself sound like Posh Spice when she sings the theme, talk about going down market!

Trouble with Die Another Day was that it seemed to owe a fair bit to Licence To Kill with Bond going freelance with personal motivations. That and it just stole bits and pieces from every other Bond film made it just a bit crap. Maybe the scriptwriters should pop down to stores and get themselves some imagination (sorry pal, only one left and someone might need it...)