Best bits of kit for Iraq/Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gibboe, May 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me some info on what bits of kit you have taken to any of the two sandy places which you have actually found usefull. May these bits of kit be load carrying stuff (i.e. Assault vests) or just any bits and bobs. And also, what boots do you guys recomend.

Regards, Gibboe.
  2. Top of your list:

A Close second
  3. As for the camelbak, no problem, its issued.

As for the bucket and spade, do silvermans make a good deal? does the sand come free with it?
  4. sanddustshitwindsun - glasses

any boots you prefer/like as long as they'r not black = your feet will be boiling
  5. Your Helmet!
  6. If you dont get decent boots issued get yourself some "mendel Desert fox's" if you are lucky you should get then anyway (think they are £80-90 from internet). room mate got some right blisters from his normal issued pair (i was a lucky one)
  7. Solar shower!!! and a one way ticket the fcuk outa there. Its sh1te
  8. Ice cream making machine.
  9. you really are bored arent you?!?! haha
  10. It all depends on what role you are fulfilling in the sandpit.

I think that would be a good starting point for advice.
  11. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Does anyone know where one can buy Lister water bags these days? You know those canvas bags for water carrying that keep water cool by evaporation?

My nephew is serving somewhere sandy and I want send him a couple.
  12. theres nothing you cant find on e-bay
  13. Choggie bags?

Collectables. British. Post War. Bottom of the page, £3.
  14. yea you might want to bring a cpl of movies/mags etc cuz you will see a lot of this

Attached Files:

15. Take some of that magicool stuff you can buy in boots, I never used it often but when I used to get really hot and pi*sed off id have a bit of a squirt of it.