Best biff - the day late Friday night thread

You must be furious.

Remind me again why people think you're a teeny bit of a racist?

Well done to that lad!

But I couldn't help thinking that his cap was at a slightly jaunty 'SS' angle..

Not sure it was a racist comment Bravo, Ex Tech was probably referring to the fact that in the days of yor, REME endeavour awards were referred to as Best Biff or most improved student
BIFF to me stands (stood?) for "Britains International Friendly Forces" - most often involving a fetching natural tan...

Its also a term of mild rebuke - don't be a biff = don't be a dick, etc.

Just wondering why he posted this particular example with zero commentary.

mechanicalhorsetrough

On ROPS
On ROPs
BIFF to me stands (stood?) for "Britains International Friendly Forces" - most often involving a fetching natural tan...

Don’t know mate, but Biff as far as I remember never stood for anything, but a biff was as you said was a term of mild rebuke.

We just had a shepherd’s pud and I think I’ll watch a film tonight

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you were on the sick and had a note it was often referred to as a biff chit and you were on the biff.
In 15/19H we had an attached cook call Biff. It was said he carried spina bifida and was expected one day to succumb.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

To wind you up?

My money's on that explanation. :-D

It used to be that no one used to boast about getting the most improved, because it meant you were an utter spastic to begin with. Now it appears to be something to tell the local rag.

B42T

LE
It used to be that no one used to boast about getting the most improved, because it meant you were an utter spastic to begin with. Now it appears to be something to tell the local rag.
Indeed, anyone being awarded "most improved" was guaranteed to be the course mongo.

Latest Threads