best and worst...

#2
Best = Serving in the finest fighting force on the Planet, and working with people who I will never forget.

Worst = Leaving at the end of the month, job done.

Good luck to all those still in, come home safe to your families.
 
#3
Spending months in the open, getting cold, wet, sleeping in muddy holes, poor food, being dead tired to such an extent that you can fall asleep as you march.
 

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
W.Anchor said:
Spending months in the open, getting cold, wet, sleeping in muddy holes, poor food, being dead tired to such an extent that you can fall asleep as you march.
And the bad bits?
 
#5
dutch_paddy said:
Best = Serving in the finest fighting force on the Planet, and working with people who I will never forget.

Worst = Leaving at the end of the month, job done.

Good luck to all those still in, come home safe to your families.
I'll echo that statement 100%, except I've already left. I may be bias here but to me being in the Infantry is like joining a family. You'll meet mates who'll be mates for life. You'll have good times and you'll have bad times but the good will out-weigh the bad and the comradeship is second to none. You'll eat, sleep, fart, fight, get p!ssed and have some great times together. However, its a fact of life that you won't get on with everybody, that's life in general in whatever job you do. But you won't get mates and comrade's in Civdiv like you will in the Infantry.

Good luck mate.

BT. :thumright:
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#6
Brew_Time said:
dutch_paddy said:
Best = Serving in the finest fighting force on the Planet, and working with people who I will never forget.

Worst = Leaving at the end of the month, job done.

Good luck to all those still in, come home safe to your families.
I'll echo that statement 100%, except I've already left. I may be bias here but to me being in the Infantry is like joining a family. You'll meet mates who'll be mates for life. You'll have good times and you'll have bad times but the good will out-weigh the bad and the comradeship is second to none. You'll eat, sleep, fart, fight, get p!ssed and have some great times together. However, its a fact of life that you won't get on with everybody, that's life in general in whatever job you do. But you won't get mates and comrade's in Civdiv like you will in the Infantry.

Good luck mate.

BT. :thumright:
I eventually after 18 years out went to the reunion, just like I had never left. In fact some of my mates hadnt. X2 on the comment but I hated being so tired I could see pink sheep with dragonfly wings!
 
#7
Best bits. The Mates you make you won't make any finer! Some of the places l've been and some of the adventure training l've done. Would'ntt be able to do half of it as a Civi.

Bad bits. The leaving at a moments notice, being shat on by the goverment and the bull!! (Ex Guardsman)

However l'm glad l did it and would do it all over again!
 
#8
W.Anchor said:
Spending months in the open, getting cold, wet, sleeping in muddy holes, poor food, being dead tired to such an extent that you can fall asleep as you march.
and the worst bit - leaving!
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#9
coax-on said:
W.Anchor said:
Spending months in the open, getting cold, wet, sleeping in muddy holes, poor food, being dead tired to such an extent that you can fall asleep as you march.
and the worst bit - leaving!
The worst is probably taking 18 years to summon up the nads to do a reunion only to realise that feck all has changed apart from everything but nothing that matters!
 
#10
Best: Being able to hold your head high because you are one of a select few in the finest organisation in the world.

Worst: Being under resourced by Bliar et al.
 
#11
ugly said:
coax-on said:
W.Anchor said:
Spending months in the open, getting cold, wet, sleeping in muddy holes, poor food, being dead tired to such an extent that you can fall asleep as you march.
and the worst bit - leaving!
The worst is probably taking 18 years to summon up the nads to do a reunion!
The next reunion I go to I'm going to have a badge - I live in Lincolnshire and I sell the Big Issue.

BT. :thumright:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top