BEST AND WORST UNITS SERVED WITH

To help fellow Corps Bretheran out there looking for a good assignment in the future, the best unit I have served with is

38 Engr Regt (Ripon) - Drag both you and family into their way of life, very good on the piss, lots of pushing trailers around though 8O

The Worst:

29 Tpt and Mov Regt (Cirencester) **** me that was bad on all accounts !

Worst by a country mile: 2 Bn REME - lads were great, but the head shed....

Best: 628 Sig Tp. Busy, but a great family feel to it.

Other good ones: 2 RTR and 2 PWRR.

chimera

LE
ewan2000 said:
38 Engr Regt (Ripon) - Drag both you and family into their way of life, very good on the urine, lots of pushing trailers around though 8O
When were you there?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have to say The Highlanders was a great posting. Good bunch of lads from CO down.

ewan2000 said:
Arrived there in Feb 01 just before deploying Kosovo
You'll know my ex wife then, probably not as intimately as most of the Engineers mind! From an AGC point of view she certainly enjoyed herself at Ripon.

Pocoyo said:
ewan2000 said:
Arrived there in Feb 01 just before deploying Kosovo
You'll know my ex wife then, probably not as intimately as most of the Engineers mind! From an AGC point of view she certainly enjoyed herself at Ripon.
You have to give me a hint now, so I can rack my brain !

Chief Clerk 51 (Sam), just noticed the pic you uploaded and I know the guy on the left, he used to be a Lynx pilot and a keen biker (fireblade if I recall) - how is he getting on these days ?

edited because I can't tell left from right!

Pocoyo said:
Chief Clerk 51 (Sam), just noticed the pic you uploaded and I know the guy on the left, he used to be a Lynx pilot and a keen biker (fireblade if I recall) - how is he getting on these days ?

edited because I can't tell left from right!
Check your PM

Best was 156 Pro Coy in Colli - excellent bunch from the top down

worst - 1 Royal Scots - if you were not all of the following - white / scottish / free mason / protestant then you shit out - im only half of one those so didnt enjoy my time with them. And now praying never have to work with scottish units again.

ewan2000 said:
38 Engr Regt (Ripon) - Drag both you and family into their way of life, very good on the urine, lots of pushing trailers around though
Glad you enjoyed our hospitality.

Best - 3 Div

Worst - 3 Div

Simple really, but a saying i heard many years ago also works.

'there are only two good postings in your career, your next one, and your last one'

But 3 Div isnt my next or my last, so there you go.

:D

PW, I was at 2 Bn from Jul 95 'till Dec 2000. Oh, yes less time for murder. Were you there the same time. Do you remember Al'heimers the RAO?

chimera said:
ewan2000 said:
38 Engr Regt (Ripon) - Drag both you and family into their way of life, very good on the urine, lots of pushing trailers around though
When was you at Ripon Chimera, i left in 1998 from the Wksp after Op Loadstar.

You lucky , lucky b'stard.

We were in Fally at the same time though. I went from 2 Bn to SDG and then 2 RTR. Stuck in the Fally triangle! Finally left in Jan 03.

The_IRON said:
chimera said:
ewan2000 said:
When was you at Ripon Chimera, i left in 1998 from the Wksp after Op Loadstar.
A couple of years later.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Longshore The NAAFI Bar 167
C Army Reserve 98
DeeMee(A) REME 499