Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by ewan2000, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To help fellow Corps Bretheran out there looking for a good assignment in the future, the best unit I have served with is

38 Engr Regt (Ripon) - Drag both you and family into their way of life, very good on the piss, lots of pushing trailers around though 8O

The Worst:

29 Tpt and Mov Regt (Cirencester) **** me that was bad on all accounts !
  2. Worst by a country mile: 2 Bn REME - lads were great, but the head shed....

Best: 628 Sig Tp. Busy, but a great family feel to it.

Other good ones: 2 RTR and 2 PWRR.
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

When were you there?
  4. Arrived there in Feb 01 just before deploying Kosovo
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I have to say The Highlanders was a great posting. Good bunch of lads from CO down.
  6. You'll know my ex wife then, probably not as intimately as most of the Engineers mind! From an AGC point of view she certainly enjoyed herself at Ripon.
  7. You have to give me a hint now, so I can rack my brain !
  8. Chief Clerk 51 (Sam), just noticed the pic you uploaded and I know the guy on the left, he used to be a Lynx pilot and a keen biker (fireblade if I recall) - how is he getting on these days ?

edited because I can't tell left from right!
  9. Check your PM
  10. Best was 156 Pro Coy in Colli - excellent bunch from the top down

worst - 1 Royal Scots - if you were not all of the following - white / scottish / free mason / protestant then you shit out - im only half of one those so didnt enjoy my time with them. And now praying never have to work with scottish units again.
  11. BEST - Argyll's

12. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Glad you enjoyed our hospitality.
  13. Best - 3 Div

Worst - 3 Div

Simple really, but a saying i heard many years ago also works.

'there are only two good postings in your career, your next one, and your last one'

But 3 Div isnt my next or my last, so there you go.

14. BBBill,

When did you do 2 Bn??

15. PW, I was at 2 Bn from Jul 95 'till Dec 2000. Oh, yes less time for murder. Were you there the same time. Do you remember Al'heimers the RAO?