Discussion in 'Sappers' started by chimera, Aug 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

OK - we've had the worst badge men, now do the units......

Any starters...?
  2. 25 was fantastic........ IMHO.

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

The old one in Osnabruk or the new one in NI?
  4. Randalstown Road!
  5. 38 Regt in Ripon a couple of years back - after Gr*m**aw had left as CO. Next boss was top bloke - and badge man pretty good too. Went from there down to 22 in Tidworth in 2002, and went to probably worst RE unit I've ever been in. CO was one of those slimy ambitious types, hated by everyone who is only after self promotion. Think he got sent to Kabul - best place for him. Real t*sser.

Otherwise all my units have been pretty good - even Osnabruk!
  6. 39 is good, but depends on which squadron you're in
  7. 77 in Munsterlager from 88 to 92 best ever, some of the best SSM's I’ve ever had the privilege to serve under.

48 in Waterbeach worst ever.
  8. Also spent an enjoyable 3 years at HQ Engineer Resources - Long Marston

9. 39 was and still is the best imho, like cdn_spr says.
    The worst? Dunno.. Probably one of the BFG units, or Training Regts...
  10. Definately 25. Pants in Germany and it was still pants in NI. Amazing the QM must have had loads of MFO boxes full of crap management on the move. :)
  11. Boring feckers, no bites :D

• Old Old x 1
  12. :D 28 amphibious wksp's, early to mid 80s, best sqn bar(and when or if it shut it would be down to the bathtub) or a close second would be the bar at 33 ind fd sqn RE, antrim in the late 70s.(well the sqn bar followed by a trip to the other end of the camp to the chogy shop for a grease burger).
    yes i know they are squadrons, but one was independent, and the other was a REME attachment.
    the scary thing is i've only just noticed that the social side (or the sqn bar and those who frequent it) play a big part in my opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anyone know the whereabouts of SSM Mick Anderson of the Antrim Sqn?I would like to contact him
  14. Two's up on 32 when it was an Armoured Regiment. A whole pub crawl before you got to the front gate and plenty bikes to steal to get back to the village.
  15. 26 engr regt. Dumped next to 22, they dont even get a new camp cause the budget wont stretch, the singlies accomadation is still temporary 5 years down the line, lumbered with bowman, plenty of shit exercises, back to back tours, no morale, fucked around from pillar to post, 8 aes has a 20% sign off rate. It's ******* great there. :x