Best and Worst Looking Aircraft - Japan

I know we have threads for Most Beautiful and Ugliest aircraft, but this somewhat was specialized one was prompted by my idly scanning a wikitrail of Japanese WW2-ish ac. It struck me that the Japanese produced a lot of pleasing-looking aircraft. Off the top of my head, I couldn't think of any locally-designed Japanese ac that would rival the French (or Brits) for ugliness.

What's your assessment of Japanese ac aesthetics?

Here's Kate. Doesn't she look lovely?

B5N_Type_97_Carrier_Attack_Bomber_Kate_B5N-25s.jpg

Who_Dat

Old-Salt
The Honda Jet is a tidy looking machine...

Attachments

• NThmMGU5ODEtNmY0My00Y2Y0LWI5M2QtZGQzMGM5NjM3YTAx_hondajet-ha-420-privatefly-ab1093.jpg
    NThmMGU5ODEtNmY0My00Y2Y0LWI5M2QtZGQzMGM5NjM3YTAx_hondajet-ha-420-privatefly-ab1093.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 19

shellbackmac

War Hero
I know we have threads for Most Beautiful and Ugliest aircraft, but this somewhat was specialized one was prompted by my idly scanning a wikitrail of Japanese WW2-ish ac. It struck me that the Japanese produced a lot of pleasing-looking aircraft. Off the top of my head, I couldn't think of any locally-designed Japanese ac that would rival the French (or Brits) for ugliness.

What's your assessment of Japanese ac aesthetics?

Here's Kate. Doesn't she look lovely?

B5N_Type_97_Carrier_Attack_Bomber_Kate_B5N-25s.jpg
I had this kit as a kid and always thought the Mitsubishi "Dinah" was a cracking looking aircraft, bit like a beaufighter..........

Mitsu-Dinah-1_H47.jpg

I went to the IWM and was surprised to see a Japanese aircrew dinghy on display. It was rather like a small Carley Float. I didnt know that they issued them to naval aircrew, at all,considering that their aircraft were entirely unprotected.

The Japanese State Boeing 747 came to Ireland a few years back and it was easily the cleanest large airliner I've ever seen. It was utterly spotless,which is saying something for an aircraft that is normally left with grease and dirty wheel wells. You could have eaten your dinner off it.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Mitsubishi F-2
1642781888163.png

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
And the preceeding F-1
1642782008763.png

A hint of Jaguar about this one.