Best and worst Khazi

I had a refreshing poo in the Solent just off Cowes once.

The toilet on the yacht I was sailing on was occupied by someone being violently sick from a hangover seasick so I was forced to hop off the back in nothing but a buoyancy aid.

As I laid my cable, another yacht came close by asking if we needed any assistance. I think they assumed we had fouled our propellor and I was clearing that.....

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I had a refreshing poo in the Solent just off Cowes once.

The toilet on the yacht I was sailing on was occupied by someone being violently sick from a hangover seasick so I was forced to hop off the back in nothing but a buoyancy aid.

As I laid my cable, another yacht came close by asking if we needed any assistance. I think they assumed we had fouled our propellor and I was clearing that.....
They weren't too far wrong.

Somewhere near the worst, Memory jog:- on the LST Sir Galahad, 1974, heading south through the bay of Biscay in a force 9 storm, everyone puking up, the mess decks a heaving mass of puking squaddies, the bogs overflowing, as the ship lurched up and down, and from side to side, a corkscrew effect, the bogs awash with puke and piss, sloping from side to side, the stench was horrific, the air thick and chocking, and the constant noise of blokes continually puking up, this lasted for about 7 hours. Have a guess who had to clean up the horrid mess? yup, we did.

The type 22 frigates had a temperamental bog system- due to how the sewerage was processed. In 1995 was alongside the Sheffield where we carried out joint Xmas duties. A loud rumbling noise was heard from the Sheffield then a “Wooof” noise. An on watch stoker was then seen legging it along the upperdeck absolutely covered in shite. Something had gone wrong in the sewerage treatment plant and some relief valve had vented. Was told it was a common problem on the Sheffield, and if you heard that rumbling noise you had only a few seconds to gtf off the upperdeck.

#In the RN it was (possibly still is) correct etiquette , if you curled down a particularly magnificent cable, to wipe your arse and flush the paper down the next trap, thus not depriving someone else the opportunity to behold the specimen in the unflushed bog.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20190411_080456.jpg

We bought this for Tiny Miss F.

Now initial thoughts would be that it's a good idea.

However, it's not easy to climb even a couple of steps when you are that small with your jeans and pants round your ankles!

British rail bogs in the 1980's were biohazards , I remember getting the 30 seconds warning from my bomb bay while waiting for a train at London Bridge , after an inspection of the gentleman's facilities I chose shitting myself as the best option.

It wasn't the best option after all.

Best Khazi.... The one at home. Don't matter how plush the others are. You've been away camping or in a hotel, you get home, drop your kecks, sit on your own dunny and RELAX!
Worst, from some of the tales on here, had me in stitches! Can't come close to most of them, but my favourite story involved a Scots mate of mine.
We were on a two week Motorcycling holiday, second day in France just south of Nancey on the motorway after a heavy night on the ale. My mate indicates he needs a dump, so we pull into the first of those rest areas with toilets. Kenny jumps off his bike, legs it into Khazi, but within 10 seconds comes flying out screaming at the top of his Glaswegean accent "l'm na fooking havin' a shiet in tha' doomp". Yup squatter covered in crap.
Place I was renting a room in til last week has a cracking downstairs loo beneath the stairs.

Warm, quiet and cost. Getting back from a work trip and dropping a travel log was heaven. Also brilliant for those sessions with a book while deploying an arse torpedo on cold night. Lovely.

Worst...... The khazis in Camp Radio Sonde in the middle of the Med Summer following an outbreak of D&V among a full Sqn of Sappers. The smell was almost a solid thing

Latest Threads