Best Altberg Boots For Tabbing

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by StevieW, Jun 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Starting Some serious tabbing, everyone reccomends altbergs, but which are the best for tabbing..... on there site had a look and they say the Sneakers are the best for tabbing, any one back this up????

2. i have the peacemakers PII or something like that, cant really remember. Hoever they are very good.

no blisters even when fresh out the box. i just put in some sorbothanes to save my knees and some arch supports because all altbergs (well the 2 pairs i have at least) have a very hard sole.

Red

3. M'Kinleys look good!! (Altberg that is!!)

4. peacekeeper mk 2 good boots

5. Slightly off topic but, IMO, the best boots available are the issue Combat Assault Boots. This appears to be supported by anecdotal info (rumour then) that they also attract the fewer injuries.

6. Just ordered pair off sneakers, gotta wait till13th july for them to be dispatched tho!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they worth the wait though

7. I did coast to coast in issue boots and socks and didnt get a single blister....... Gen up

8. I've never had a problem with the issue boots.
    Done some 30k marches in them with cft+ weight in the past year (along with other stuff, whch was the main point) at about cft speed and haven't had any issues.

9. In all honesty I don't think you'll be over joyed by them. There no better or worse than most boots out there. What they are is more expensive.

10. He's probably worn them out now. Look at the posting date!

11. Had he bought them yesterday he'd have probably worn them out too. The soles like all boots these days are w@nk!