Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by The_Claw, May 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posted to Aldershot many year's ago, and can't remember the married quarter names. Looking to be near the swimming/pool gym and nursery/school for kids. Quiet area etc..... Need help as i've got fastball posting. Any ideas?
  2. salamanca park as was is the new estate mate, but north camp o'connor road etc isnt too shabby either and closer to the facilities
  3. The quarters in Aldershot are all fairly new. All the old ones were demolished a while back.
    There's basically two areas, one in North Camp Farnborough and the others in and around Aldershot itself.
    There's nurseries and schools at both ends, Pool & gym in the middle.

Take your pick!

If you're a bit flush, buy a nice little house now, and sell in 2012 when the Olympics start.

You won't loose.
  4. Go for Talavera Park. Not the newest estate but still modern. The houses are OK inside and there is lots of grass outside. Right next door to an infant/junior school. Five minutes from Tescos and two minutes from town. Avoid Waterloo Estate like the plague the houses are tiny and the estate isn't too nice - I speak from experience here and it prompted me to buy my own place!

5. I remember when I was a wee lad around 89-90, my dad (ex RMP) was posted to Aldershot, we moved into a spanking new quarter on a new estate, behind said estate was a forest, which has since been turned into a road, can anyone shed any light as to what estate this was??