Best actor playing an SNCO/WO in TV/Films

OK, how about we open nominations for the actor who has given the best representation of an SNCO or WO in TV or film?

To be followed by a poll once more nominations have been received - no statuette to give away though :(

Not necessarily limited to British/Commonwealth forces, but given this is ARRSE there's likely to be a bias.

My nominations are:

Windsor Davies: BSM Tudor Bryn 'Shut Up' Williams in "It Ain't Half Hot Mum"
& BSM 'Tiger' Bloomer in "Carry On England" - 'No, No, No, that is not thee way, that is not theee waaay!'

RSM Ronald Brittain MBE: RSM Brittain/"RSM" in "You Lucky People"/"Carrington VC" and others - 'Am I hurting you?...I should be, I'm standing on your hair!'

Clint Eastwood: Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway in "Heartbreak Ridge" - 'I'm not doing this so I can take warm showers with you a$$holes…'

Harry Andrews: RSM Bert Wilson in "The Hill" - 'The Commandant signs bits of paper. He'd sign his own death warrant if I gave it to him'

R. Lee Ermey: Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in "Full Metal Jacket" - 'Did your parents have any children that lived?'

Nigel Green: CSgt Bourne in "Zulu" - ' Because we're here, lad. There's no-one else. Just us'

Anyone got any nominations? (N.B. This isn't a quotes contest, quotes were added for effect!)

Edited to add - we're not only going for realistic, but also for totally OTT, humorous, stereotypical, atypical but funny etc.
Basically, your favourite.

Tax_Tw-t said:
who has given the best representation of an SNCO or WO in TV or film?
How would you know? You're a civvy. Are you basing it on the typical civilian interpretation of what a Warrant Officer represents? Kill yourself numbers boy.

I quite like Sgt Wilson (LeMesurier) on Dads Army- 'Now would you chaps mind falling in please'?

threaders_vm said:
Tax_Tw-t said:
who has given the best representation of an SNCO or WO in TV or film?
How would you know? You're a civvy. Are you basing it on the typical civilian interpretation of what a Warrant Officer represents? Kill yourself numbers boy.
This is why I opened it up for nominations before starting a poll, in case my "civilian interpretation" was misguided.

Congrats on the O2 thief tag, well deserved.

That geezer sam elliot in "we were soldiers"

Sgt Maj Plumley

"Any one of you sons of bitches call me grandpa, I'll kill ya."

" You can't take any pictures from down there, sonny"

The head Booty (RSM? W/O? how the hell should I know?) from 'An Ungentmanly Act'

"F*** off you Spick bast@rd"

IMDB says

Garry Cooper (no, not that one) that played Colour Sgt. Muir

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Richard Attenborough

RSM Lauderdale in "Guns at Batasi"

RSM in wild geese- "get up you bleeding screaming faggot before i sew up your ********"
Capt janders sir, get up before i kick your ******* head in"

RSM Brittain was an RSM in real life, so does he count?

Would also add Richard Attenbough, in 'Guns at Batasi' especially ticking of some unfortunate for not saluting.

Auld-Yin said:
Richard Attenbourgh

RSM Lauderdale in "Guns at Batasi"
Probably the worst piece of mis-casting and even worse acting in a warry film that I've ever seen. Get a grip, A-Y!

Vimeiro said:
RSM Brittain was an RSM in real life, so does he count?
Hard to say really, I suppose he technically became an actor who played Sergeant Major type characters - talk about typecasting!

Got to be Tom Beringer in Platoon Sgt Elias?

"Now what we have here is a good gook, good & dead"

& Daniel Defoe for the other Sgt ... can't remember his name -sh!te!

Sorry will get me coat .....

Tom Berenger - Platoon " Everyones gotta die sometime son"

Sean Pertwee - Dogsoldiers

Fanbasher said:
Got to be Tom Beringer in Platoon Sgt Elias?

"Now what we have here is a good gook, good & dead"

& Daniel Defoe for the other Sgt ... can't remember his name -sh!te!

Sorry will get me coat .....
Please dont be a wah - Berringer was Sgt Barnes, Defoe was Sgt Elias :wink: