Best Acoustic versions of songs?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by beebs, Mar 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sorry if this is a repost, used search had no results

from the songs i have heard my faves are:

Scars - Papa Roach
    Cute without the E (cut from the team) - Taking Back Sunday
    Thousand Trees - Stereophonics

2. stereophonics - heart of gold
    Gus - dont fear the reaper
    Foo Fighters - everlong

going to have to leave it at that i cud go on forever, i seem to like acoustic versions better than the original.

3. Hinder - lips of an angel

4. Having seen the 'phonics do a purely acoustic gig, any song by them done acoustically is awesome. Having seen oasis do a few acoustic versions, can say the same about them too! Same goes about foo fighters, there are so many acoustic versions by them on youtube, and they're all awesome.

My top three are all foos:

Everlong
    Times like these
    Best of you

5. Bruce Springsteen did a new version of Born to Run, and the accoustic version of that was brilliant. It seemed much deeper and less angry than the original.

6. A weird one but it does remind me of barracks at Fally. An Eddie Reader accoustic cover of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Really weird version but stragely good.

That's a double whammy - cover and accoustic - beat that one.

7. Still can't beat Eva Cassidy's version of Over The Rainbow, IMHO.

8. Saw Kelly Jones doing an Acoustic set in Birmingham couple of years ago, small gig, little theatre, few hundred people and their aucoustic version of Dakota was just fantastic.

The Kooks did a cover version of Gnarles Berkleys song, Crazy which is brilliant and highly recommended.

9. Eric Claptons unplugged album is excellent, in fact most unplugged albums are amongst my favourites

10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Personally, in general I loathe and detest acoustic rehashes of songs that were meant to be electric. Sadly, the name Clapton is top of the list.

Sorry.

11. Nirvana unplugged is a prety good album and top of the tree is thier version of The man who sold the world IMO

12. Creep - Radiohead

13. Seconded, the times like these accoustic towards the end of Jericho series 1 was very moving

14. Strange one thisI know, but Hue and Cry did a really good version of Man with the Child in His Eyes by Kate Bush a while ago now!