Bert Weedon

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Apr 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sad news, just heard that Bert Weedon has died. he was 90. Brilliant guitarist who inspired so many musicians.
  2. His epitaph will be 'The Bert Weedon way'.
  3. Aye, brilliant guitarist.
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

5. He forgot more than what some of these modern guitarists know and was a massive influence on many,
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Memories of childhood, RIP Bert, you unleashed a whole generation of little pluckers into the world, some of whom turned into very rich pluckers indeed.
  7. Bert was a permanent feature on the 10am Saturday Morning Club hosted by Brian whatshisface.
  8. Yep, sad to see him go. I was going to say it was a sad year for ex-guitarists because Les Paul had carked it as well, but was amazed to find out LP checked out in Aug 09! Christ, doesn't time fly when you are getting on a bit?

Editted to add, Gary Moore checked out just over a year ago. They must have a cracking sessions band in the afterlife! :)
  9. Bert Weedon's "Play in a Day" was the book that came along with my shiny new acoustic guitar on Christmas morning 1997. Because this book had come free with my christmas present, my scrooge of a father refused to get me proper guitar lessons...

... I still can't play the guitar!
  10. old_fat_and_hairy

Brian Matthews? Still doing 'Sounds of the Sixties' on Radio 2, saturday mornings.