Bert Hughes

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by slopey, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( It is with great sadness that I learnt of the passing of Bert Hughes who some may know from the old NI days in Aughnacloy. Not Int Corps but a very very good Int guy. RIP

RIP also to Alex Hesketh Squad 83 parade square runner who I saw from an earlier post had passed on.
  2. Dave 'Bert' Hughes was Parachute Regiment. Served with him at the FRU and was also in contact with him on a regular basis right up until his untimely death. A great loss, he was an excellent bloke.
  3. Slopey,

I have not received conf from anyone that it was indeed that Alec(x) but 'Bert' has, according to our 'reaper', sadly passed.
  4. All,

I have been asked by the family to let everyone know that Dave's funeral has been postponed.

It was due to be held this Friday but, there has to be a post-mortem which will cause a delay.

When I get the rearranged date, I will let everyone know.

5. Guys,

Sad news indeed. Does anyone have an update or a confirmed date for Bert's funeral?
  6. It is postponed until the coroner is satisfied.

We will let you know ASP.
  7. Thanks Z, appreciated.
  8. Edited out. 8O
  9. All,

Dave's funeral has now been rescheduled and confirmed for next Friday 3rd July.

Anyone wanting details of where and when, PM me.

10. Below is a message from his daughter;

hello this is sophie berts daughter as most of you will know his funeral was cancelled this friday it is now next friday at 2 o'clock,
    all his friends are very welcome.
    thank you again for all your messages.
    R.I.P dad xx

The_Dragoon has the location details, pm him or me for them.
  11. Slopey, sent you the details a few days ago, check your PM's.

12. Seriously good turnout for Bert's funeral. Loads of his 3 Para mates and a lot from the FRU / JSG too.

Some good picture from Jimmyoc on a previous post.

Pax Vobiscum

13. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

R.I.P Bert