• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bert Hughes

:( It is with great sadness that I learnt of the passing of Bert Hughes who some may know from the old NI days in Aughnacloy. Not Int Corps but a very very good Int guy. RIP

RIP also to Alex Hesketh Squad 83 parade square runner who I saw from an earlier post had passed on.

Dave 'Bert' Hughes was Parachute Regiment. Served with him at the FRU and was also in contact with him on a regular basis right up until his untimely death. A great loss, he was an excellent bloke.

All,

I have been asked by the family to let everyone know that Dave's funeral has been postponed.

It was due to be held this Friday but, there has to be a post-mortem which will cause a delay.

When I get the rearranged date, I will let everyone know.

regards,

Dragoon

All,

Dave's funeral has now been rescheduled and confirmed for next Friday 3rd July.

Anyone wanting details of where and when, PM me.

Regards,

Dragoon

Below is a message from his daughter;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello this is sophie berts daughter as most of you will know his funeral was cancelled this friday it is now next friday at 2 o'clock,
all his friends are very welcome.
thank you again for all your messages.
R.I.P dad xx

The_Dragoon has the location details, pm him or me for them.

Seriously good turnout for Bert's funeral. Loads of his 3 Para mates and a lot from the FRU / JSG too.

Some good picture from Jimmyoc on a previous post.

Pax Vobiscum

The_Dragoon

RIP Bert.

This is really, really sad news. I served with him on what was his last tour before he got out. He was moved to our place up north after an infamous incident in Belfast.

Great guy.

Latest Threads