Berlusconi gets 4 years!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fltpilot, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Haha for once the slimy git fails to be non stick. Funny really as Berlusconi has become a nickname in some parts of Italy for those who always get away with everything. Bit like Teflon Tony.

Hope he enjoys the Bunga Bunga parties..... jailhouse style

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The tight git.
    Buying off the appeal judges will end up being even more expensive....

3. Has he actually gone to jail or is this another example of Italian justice where he enjoys freedom for how ever many years the appeal process takes?

4. Dear God, he may well own the jails as part of his empire!

5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

No - nor is he likely to. There is a statute of limitations in Italian law. Bunga bunga's lawyers will attempt to spin the appeal out until the time limit is passed, and then the case is automatically dropped.

He's been sentenced before but has yet to see the inside of a cell.

Wordsmith

6. "Both the jail term and the ban would only take effect if the sentence is upheld by a higher court, Italian news agency Ansa reported."

So not yet!

7. Odds are he'll continue to enjoy them as he will remain free pending an appeal. And how long will that take to reach the Italian courts .....?

8. It's been reduced to 1 year due to some sort of amnesty.

He won't serve a single second of the sentence by the time they're through.

9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

like me on 242's " I award you £ 75.00" but I never ever got the dosh .

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yep, now been reduced to a 12 month suspended sentence!

11. Hmm, I can`t help but wonder how many of our own, home grown, sleaze balls have got teams on "fact finding" missions in Italy at the moment.

12. As an AC Milan fan... I would welcome the chance of putting him behind bars... He's raped and pillaged the club for years now...

Anyway I see he's got off lightly. Ah well everyones basically innocent even when proven guilty..... So long as you only have a few Billion quid in the bank.

13. You are British and Proud and yet you say you are a fan of some Italian club. The world of football supporters is a complete mystery to those with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

14. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Hurely shome mishtake... a 252....