Berlusconi gets 4 years!

Haha for once the slimy git fails to be non stick. Funny really as Berlusconi has become a nickname in some parts of Italy for those who always get away with everything. Bit like Teflon Tony.

Hope he enjoys the Bunga Bunga parties..... jailhouse style

Has he actually gone to jail or is this another example of Italian justice where he enjoys freedom for how ever many years the appeal process takes?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Has he actually gone to jail or is this another example of Italian justice where he enjoys freedom for how ever many years the appeal process takes?
No - nor is he likely to. There is a statute of limitations in Italian law. Bunga bunga's lawyers will attempt to spin the appeal out until the time limit is passed, and then the case is automatically dropped.

He's been sentenced before but has yet to see the inside of a cell.

Wordsmith

"Both the jail term and the ban would only take effect if the sentence is upheld by a higher court, Italian news agency Ansa reported."

So not yet!

Haha for once the slimy git fails to be non stick. Funny really as Berlusconi has become a nickname in some parts of Italy for those who always get away with everything. Bit like Teflon Tony.

Hope he enjoys the Bunga Bunga parties..... jailhouse style
Odds are he'll continue to enjoy them as he will remain free pending an appeal. And how long will that take to reach the Italian courts .....?

It's been reduced to 1 year due to some sort of amnesty.

He won't serve a single second of the sentence by the time they're through.

As an AC Milan fan... I would welcome the chance of putting him behind bars... He's raped and pillaged the club for years now...

Anyway I see he's got off lightly. Ah well everyones basically innocent even when proven guilty..... So long as you only have a few Billion quid in the bank.

T

trowel

As an AC Milan fan... I would welcome the chance of putting him behind bars... He's raped and pillaged the club for years now...

Anyway I see he's got off lightly. Ah well everyones basically innocent even when proven guilty..... So long as you only have a few Billion quid in the bank.
You are British and Proud and yet you say you are a fan of some Italian club. The world of football supporters is a complete mystery to those with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
He's been framed I's tells yer. Man of the people. Educator of youth and a damn fine club singer.
Obviously a victim of the EU stag Brussels.

First they came for Berlusconi etc etc.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
You are British and Proud and yet you say you are a fan of some Italian club. The world of football supporters is a complete mystery to those with a couple of brain cells to rub together.
So I'll support who.. Man Utd? Yank owned. Liverpool.. ****ing hate them. Chelsea, yeah they are British aren't they... No owned by a Russian. Even half the players playing for the top teams in Britain aren't even British anymore......

So excuse me if I'll try not be so fickle as to choose a team simply because of the the country I live in.

He possibly (all is alleged of course), will stick a few brown envelops full of cash to the Judges, claim his 'Oomin Rites' and demand a pet cat, and he will be holding more Bunga Parties with nice young Italian Ladies for a few Euros.....