Berlin taxi needed

Landing at Schönefeld and need a taxi. Any thoughts on names, any numbers? Any companies to avoid?

When flying in to Tegel we just used one of the Taxis on the normal rank outside the airport I suspect Schoenefeld is the same, if not the following may be of interst if you have special needs Taxisof . If you are staying in an hotel you could ask them for a recommendation or they may use a pick up service.

Have a good time.

Landing at Schönefeld and need a taxi. Any thoughts on names, any numbers? Any companies to avoid?
Walk out the door of the terminal and take your pick FFS. If you'd have been flying into Frankfurt I'd have met you just to punch you in the throat.

Last edited:
Spooky. I have just got back from Berlin. The taxi rank at Schoenefeld is right outside the main terminal. The price for a cab to the centre of town ( I was staying just off Unter Den Linden) was 50 Euros. Pricey if you are on your own but I was in a group. You can get the S bahn into town for about 7 Euros, however it is about a 5 minute walk to the station from the terminal.

Spooky. I have just got back from Berlin. The taxi rank at Schoenefeld is right outside the main terminal. The price for a cab to the centre of town ( I was staying just off Unter Den Linden) was 50 Euros. Pricey if you are on your own but I was in a group. You can get the S bahn into town for about 7 Euros, however it is about a 5 minute walk to the station from the terminal.
I've just had a quote of 50 Euros. I guess it is the S Bahn at those prices.

The express train into town is the double decker R bahn (regional train). It is much quicker and your S bahn ticket is valid on it. it goes to Friedrichstrasse station in the centre of town.

Walk out the door of the terminal and take your pic FFS. If you'd have been flying into Frankfurt I'd have met you just to punch you in the throat.
If you're flying into Frankfurt, use the U Bahn to the city centre. Don't get a taxi.

Feel free to punch Kromeriz in the throat though for asking bone questions.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Depends how much kit your carrying. After years of travelling light, we’ve now got My chair/ scooter whatever. And the dames decided that there’s no point in not carting whatever she thinks she’s going to need.

Just head straight for the people carriers. They tend to swallow everything and drop you at the front door of the hotel. Schoenfeld to Charlottenberg €45. We booked him for the run back to the airport. Painless.

Edit it probably isn’t the cheapest, but it’s a hell of a lot less trouble than squeezing everything into the first cab on the rank.

If someone wishes " Good luck " in English , FFs don't reply " Thank you "
You'll be chased all over town by goons in trilbys and raincoats demanding to know why we're leaving the EU .

If you're flying into Frankfurt, use the U Bahn to the city centre. Don't get a taxi.

Feel free to punch Kromeriz in the throat though for asking bone questions.
This is in the travel thread, right? Land in Riga, get into the green cars and pay 25 notes. Phone a panda and pay 8. Your problem with saving 17 notes is what? You're hard of thinking?

The express train into town is the double decker R bahn (regional train). It is much quicker and your S bahn ticket is valid on it. it goes to Friedrichstrasse station in the centre of town.
Ryanair did a Ryanair. Missed it by two minutes - the next train took over 30minutes. Cheers though.

What are you doing in Berlin Krom? Chasing pussy?
Managed to catch the Prague Holesevice train, took the Prague 'Orbital' to Liben, now on the Pendy to Ostrava. I have to buy a present for someone tomorrow. then take a 2pm train to Warsaw before flying back into Riga at 01.30 Friday. Teaching at 9.

Managed to catch the Prague Holesevice train, took the Prague 'Orbital' to Liben, now on the Pendy to Ostrava. I have to buy a present for someone tomorrow. then take a 2pm train to Warsaw before flying back into Riga at 01.30 Friday. Teaching at 9.
Roger! Wish him a 'Happy Birthday' from me.

Unless you're disabled do what @Murphy_Slaw said. Downstairs, along the tunnel, get a ticket from the machine, up to the platform and get on the train....
Well with mere minutes to spare I just looked at the machines - all of them, and the faces of the tourists trying to buy tickets and then looking at each other and thought, ticket office.

And then it hit me, German efficiency, the need to be absolutely correct.
One way or return, he asked me. In German.
WTF, Single.
Huffffff - (he must watch Little Britain)

Which platform please?

The first one.

Cheers... start moving, hang on, what the feck does that mean? Turn around...
Long queue, but empty machines... Bollocks. for fast trains to Berlin HBH - follow arrow.

Run up stairs - seriously - I did - trains go to Poznan.

go back down, run towards the kiosk, and there just before the kiosk is a sign saying - trains to HBH. Run up the stairs, catch the xx.17.

OK, surprise ticket inspection!
What? I'm in cardiac arrest! ''Here you are.''
''Ja, gut, but you forgot to validate the ticket...''

Dear European Union

We have all manner of railway systems but they are harmonised. Harmonise the f*cking tickets!''
C*nts.

Krom

However, the S Bahn, Berlin looks amazing. Need to revisit in summer.