Berlin Stadium RUFC

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by toffeewrapper1, Nov 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any former players amongst the arrse fraternity.I played 1990-92.Other players names are hard to recall now but if any ex players post i may recognise them.All i can remember for now is Batman(ex RWF?) not playing but supporting.All you could here was him shouting "LOOK WHERE WE ARE STADIUM"
    oh and Cherry/Sherry the unofficial club physio.Look forward to catching up in any ex players on here.
  2. Yes I was there in 88-89. There was BamBam (RMP), SL Welsh chap (ex Para then a civilian diplomat), Jeremy something (his father was high up the ambassadorial echelons) and he was a very good fly-half, A youngish Captain from the RCT who was until recently a Brigadier living in Wales and quite high up the pecking order as regards Army Rugby and other names that escape me.
  3. I seem to recall a youngish RCT captain playing when i started,Rob something springs to mind,drove an MR2(hairdressers car) although he might have scrum half,there were also aq couple of RMP playing,cant remember any names.I once stumbled upon a facebook site for the club but im buggered if i can remember exactly what i typed to get it.And yes i now remember SL now you come to mention it.Im not sure if JC the second row was there with you,ex Sapper.
  4. The Captain Rick had a very gay looking tache. The welsh wizard Selwyn was a big ******. There were a few Int Corps guys as well. One called Simon who had blond hair and was inside centre. Also a small Capt from the Sigs called Mac who was a scrum half, and an RMP Cpl who was quite nippy on the wing. There was also a coloured chap Elroy who went like shit off a shovel. I was a padbrat and played wing and hooker. I had 3 games in the 1stXV then settled down to an easier life in the 2nd XV.
  5. I played one game for them in 1982 against my own battalion side. They were short a player so I helped out. Don't remember anyone else though.