• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Berlin Patch

Does anyone know where I can get any of the Berlin Patches?

l should have expected that reply. :D

Good evening, again, GG400.
Don't worry, I'm not stalking you; I just don't seem to have moved far from the screen today.

Being a thick civvie, I don't know what they are, but there are Berlin Patches listed on eBay, but not like the one you have pictured:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__berl...w&crlp=1521119621_225916&keyword=berlin+patch

I don't know if your "sprog" post was deliberately in the "Juniors" forum, but this shouldn't be in "Current Affairs", which is for serious analysis.

You may wish to post in the Militaria forum .... here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewforum/f=44.html

or QMs and MT ... here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewforum/f=5.html

Or the forum moderator might move the thread for you.

Hi again bovvy, no probs about the stalking. :D
The patch is the berlin brigade badge as worn us service personnel while serving in Berln, we used to call it the flying ar****le. :D
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. :oops:

There's one sitting on eBay right now the item number is 250289556103...unissued condition, also 290258307804 wich appears to be a bit tattier..hope this helps!

Attachments

GG400 said:
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. :oops:
Don't worry about it. Most of us are sorry that we posted in the FIRST place, never mind the WRONG place.

Blue/GreenJob said:
There's one sitting on eBay right now the item number is 250289556103...unissued condition, also 290258307804 wich appears to be a bit tattier..hope this helps!
Thanks a lot, I will watch them both. :D
I have been looking on ebay for ages but there was never any for sale. :(

You can borrow mine when I log off! However, I shall be needing it back for when I log on again!

Berlin

Berlin_104s said:
You can borrow mine when I log off! However, I shall be needing it back for when I log on again!

Berlin
Ha! Ha!, but I cant sew your one on to anything. :D

Take it you did the tour in the 90's, if so did you know a Kingo called Pat K*****?.....if so I work with him

Used to have vehicle transfer on old suitcase,unfortunately cannot find suitcase now!We were there for 1 month in '65,relieving QOH,at Spandau ,great month that was.Good luck.

Blue/GreenJob said:
Take it you did the tour in the 90's, if so did you know a Kingo called Pat K*****?.....if so I work with him
Sorry, I am a coffin dodger I did my time in the 60's. :D

brownhat said:
Used to have vehicle transfer on old suitcase,unfortunately cannot find suitcase now!We were there for 1 month in '65,relieving QOH,at Spandau ,great month that was.Good luck.
We were in Abercorn, Ballykinlar then.

GG400 said:
Does anyone know where I can get any of the Berlin Patches?
www.montyslocker.co.uk - they embroider them and compared to the originals: well, you will be hard pressed to tell the difference. If you don't see them on the website, just email the chap. Very helpful, ex-mob tell him I put you in touch. :wink:

Been in touch, and he is going to make me up a couple.
Many thanks for the link. :D

For those of of us too young to remember, care to shed some light on why troops needed a special patch just because they were based in Berlin during the cold war.

SK

SKJOLD said:
For those of of us too young to remember, care to shed some light on why troops needed a special patch just because they were based in Berlin during the cold war.

SK
Hi there,
The patch shows a red circle which represents the red army that surrounded Berlin, after the war ended Berlin was an isolated island in the middle of russian controlled east Germany.

SK, it wasn't only the British Berlin Infantry Bde that wore identification flashes. The Divisions in BAOR also wore them. If I remember correctly, 2 Armd Div flash was a mailed fist. I can't remember the others. The issuing of Bde/Div flashes seems to have been discontinued sometime in the 70's. We weren't issued with a flash in Munster in 1980, and I was stationed in Berlin from 1987 to 1990, and the Berlin flash had long been consigned to history by then.

Latest Threads