berlin bear

The British Berlin Brigade formation flash was the old 'Flaming Ar***ole' - least it was when I was there. The 'Bear' was on the side of the city buses.

sapper063 said:
we definatley had a red bear flash on our uniform i was in the royal engineers at smuts bks
Have tried to attach a photo but for some reason it will not go. The photo is of a black bear within a red circle and was on the cover of the Berlin Buletin. This is the only place I have seen a bear on anything from Berlin Brigade. There was a red flash, a red circle with Berlin at the top of the circle on the outer rim if I remember rightly.

Jim

Busterdog said:
No Bear sapper - just the 'Flaming Ar**hole' depicted by para_medic. Too many Schultheiss mucker!
no mate i can honestly say im right its the one thing i do remember because
when i got posted back to england an officer told me to remove it, but the RSM says no he has served in berlin and he can still wear it. when i find one ill let you know.

Para_Medic, I mentioned the Berlin Bulletin earlier but decided not to go down that road, since you done it I may as well say that if anyone wants a copy from the time of the fall of the Wall I can let them have it in pdf format, problem is it comes to 83Mb, probably too large.

Jim

The Sailor said:
Para_Medic, I mentioned the Berlin Bulletin earlier but decided not to go down that road, since you done it I may as well say that if anyone wants a copy from the time of the fall of the Wall I can let them have it in pdf format, problem is it comes to 83Mb, probably too large.

Jim
Jim,
just trying to get at least some mileage out of the badge issue :lol:
There is also a page on British insignia on that site:
Rats, still no bear

its doing my head in trying to find it and also a1penny baff note this was occupation money which being single thats what they paid us in then we had to try and change them into marks. :oops:

sapper063 said:
i know that one there was also a berlin bear
I'm sure you are correct Sapper

There seems to be some confusion here, the Berlin' (BERLIN over circle)
is surely the formation sign of Berlin Infantry Brigade.

Berlin Inf Bde as far as I can recall formerly had just the red circle from way back. 'Berlin' being added when they became a fixture in Berlin.

I suspect there were other (non-brigaded) units in Berlin during your time who would have worn other formation signs and your unit was one of them.

Whether or not everyone ended up wearing the same formation sign I don't know

Tawahi-50 said:
sapper063 said:
i know that one there was also a berlin bear
I'm sure you are correct Sapper

There seems to be some confusion here, the Berlin' (BERLIN over circle)
is surely the formation sign of Berlin Infantry Brigade.

Berlin Inf Bde as far as I can recall formerly had just the red circle from way back. 'Berlin' being added when they became a fixture in Berlin.

I suspect there were other (non-brigaded) units in Berlin during your time who would have worn other formation signs and your unit was one of them.

Whether or not everyone ended up wearing the same formation sign I don't know
i have sent 38 eng reg an email maybee they will reply

Latest Threads